Wiki Posts
Search

WEstin Grand Central vs Hilton Millenium

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2016, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Independent
WEstin Grand Central vs Hilton Millenium

I realize they are both in totally different parts of the city, but I would likely be taking transit everywhere anyways. Between the two, what is a better hotel? I like the Westin beds, but it looks like the Millennium has much, much better views.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Probably comparable.

Westin was built as the New York Helmsley in 1981. Helmsley hotels were always known for good sized rooms in the NYC market. After Leona croaked, her estate sold the hotel and Westin assumed management.

Millineum opened in 1992; the structure was heavily damaged on 9/11 but was repaired. Views might be blocked by rebuilt WTC buildings - be prepared to pay extra for ubonstructed views.

Yes, both are near transit hubs. Location choice might be a factor based on your interests.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 12:08 am

The Westin isn't going to have any views at all. The other consideration is when you're going to be staying. The Westin is area is generally going to be more lively at all times whereas the Hilton will be much quieter outside of the tourist horde on weekends and weeknights.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:03 pm

The Westin Grand Central is pretty quiet at off-peak hours, too. It's on the edge of Midtown in a relatively bland area mainly populated by big office buildings.

The big question is location. From the Westin, you're much closer to all the Midtown stuff, but a lot of it will be a long walk. Otherwise you only have the 4/5/6/7 and Times Square shuttle subways. Anything else requires a transfer (free, but annoying) to a different line. From the Hilton Millenium, you're a much longer ride from Midtown, but a short walk from all the financial district and WTC area stuff. And you have direct access to more subway lines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.