FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York City (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-york-city-465/)
-   -   Looking to swap my excellent Hamilton tix for some in late December (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-york-city/1760513-looking-swap-my-excellent-hamilton-tix-some-late-december.html)

akp Apr 19, 2016 7:01 am

Looking to swap my excellent Hamilton tix for some in late December

My son wants to see Hamilton, and I'm always game for a trip to NYC.

I wanted to go over MLK weekend '17 so we'd have a long weekend for travel. When tickets were released, I bought 2 for the night show on the 2/14/17. Then realized that my husband will be there also! Couldn't get aisle seats for the night show so I bought 3 for the 2pm show.

Then I realized that my son has a senior service project that weekend and can't go at all.

So now I have five very expensive Orchestra Center seats on the aisle for 2/14/17, but we are now going December 28-31!

I know it is a very long shot, but if anyone here has three tix (or four) for Thurs Dec 29 or Fri Dec 30 that they'd be interested in selling to me outright or swapping for my 1/14/17 tickets, please PM me.

NYCRachel Apr 19, 2016 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by akp (Post 26505950)
My son wants to see Hamilton, and I'm always game for a trip to NYC.

I wanted to go over MLK weekend '17 so we'd have a long weekend for travel. When tickets were released, I bought 2 for the night show on the 2/14/17. Then realized that my husband will be there also! Couldn't get aisle seats for the night show so I bought 3 for the 2pm show.

Then I realized that my son has a senior service project that weekend and can't go at all.

So now I have five very expensive Orchestra Center seats on the aisle for 2/14/17, but we are now going December 28-31!

I know it is a very long shot, but if anyone here has three tix (or four) for Thurs Dec 29 or Fri Dec 30 that they'd be interested in selling to me outright or swapping for my 1/14/17 tickets, please PM me.

You may want to try Craigslist (though be very careful) or scour some of the NYC Broadway message boards.

Another idea is to put them on Stubhub and use the money to pay for tickets via Stubhub for the end of December. Valentine's Day is a hot date, so you may be pleasantly surprised with your returns.

Enjoy the show :).

Out of my Element Apr 20, 2016 6:50 am

broadwayworld.com has a message board that might be useful

cestmoi123 Apr 22, 2016 2:35 pm

I'd do this in two transactions. Sell your tix for the best price, and use the money to buy ones for the time you want to go. Depending on finding someone who wants to swap REALLY narrows the pool of counterparties.