Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

Help needed with JFK terminal connections!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I have a flight from Austin via Jetblue connecting via JFK and Abu dhabi via Etihad to India. Request you to help me understand few of my queries as it is my first time to JFK.

1. My booking is on a single ticket/reservation. Will Jetblue give boarding passes to all connections? Or Do I have to reclaim baggage at JFK and re-check in? My layover is 2h 50m at JFK .
2. Do I need to get new boarding pass at JFK eventhough jetblue gives me all passes?
2. If no re-check in is required, is it just a change of terminals from T5 to T4 and straight through security and then gates in JFK?

Thanks in Advance
Old Dec 19, 2015, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Welcome to FT!

If all flights are on one ticket, then the JetBlue agent at AUS should be able to check your bags through to India. It would not hurt to specifically request this. And be sure to look at your claim check(s) before leaving the check-in counter at AUS to ensure that your final (Indian) destination airport appears on your claim check(s).

Your bags should be checked through to India regardless of whether JetBlue can issue boarding passes for your Etihad flights.

To get from T5 to T4 at JFK, be sure to board the "All Terminals" AirTrain, not a "Howard Beach" or "Jamaica" AirTrain. The ride from T5 to T4 on the "All Terminals" AirTrain should take just two minutes.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot guv1976
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:05 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

The airport train (shown in yellow) travels anti-clockwise / counter-clockwise, the other two clockwise. Be careful you don't try getting from, say, Terminal 7 to 3 using the Howard Beach or Jamaica station trains (though they will work for Terminal 3 to 7).
Old Dec 22, 2015, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"The airport train (shown in yellow) travels anti-clockwise / counter-clockwise, the other two clockwise."

I think you've got that reversed. Looking from above, you can see that the "All Terminals" AirTrain runs clockwise; the Jamaica and Howard Beach AirTrains run counter-clockwise.

(The confusing part is that the All-Terminals AirTrain serves the terminals in descending numerical order (T8-T7-T5-T4-T2/3-T1), even though that train runs along a clockwise path.)
Old Dec 25, 2015, 4:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk Hashgirl.

As this is specific to an airport location, we'll relocate your post.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.