Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coupons for Manhattan visit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Coupons for Manhattan visit

i'm looking for any coupons for manhattan which i could print and bring to manhattan. please post any links.

Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:09 pm

Here is one site
http://gonyc.about.com/od/budgettravel/tp/new_york_city_discounts.htm
Old Aug 16, 2012, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Not coupons, per se, but if you're considering some of the bus tour options and willing to buy in advance you can save 5-12% through a post-purchase rebate.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Happy1234
i'm looking for any coupons for manhattan which i could print and bring to manhattan. please post any links.

No info about coupons but you can pay as little as you like when you visit many museums here in New York like the Metropolitan Museum, the American Museum of Natural History, the Brooklyn Museum, and the Museum of the City of New York.

These links might also be helpful:

http://gonyc.about.com/od/bestofnewy...ttractions.htm

http://gonyc.about.com/cs/freestuff/a/aa040902a.htm

http://gonyc.about.com/od/museums/ss...ty-Museums.htm

http://www.frommers.com/articles/4228.html

Last edited by Analise; Aug 19, 2012 at 1:04 pm
Old Aug 16, 2012, 8:03 pm

It's free to join goldstar.com, which offers discounts on loads of things.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:48 pm

www.broadwaybox.com

Not just Broadway tickets. If you click on the link and go to the bottom left you will see printable discounts for many of NYC's top attractions.

Hope this helps. If you have specific things you want to do/see, list them here and some of us locals may be able to send you links or coupons.

When is your visit?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 7:35 am
Original Poster

thank you very much. i'll click every link.

the visit is end of august.

we would like to visit the empire state building/rockefaller center, the tour to ellis island/statue of liberty, a sightseeing tour (e.g. hop on and hop off).

coupons for shops and stores would be nice, too.

thank you.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 1:17 pm

we would like to visit the empire state building/rockefaller center, the tour to ellis island/statue of liberty, a sightseeing tour (e.g. hop on and hop off).
I would seriously consider the New York Pass. It offers some good options based on what you've described as your desired itinerary. They also have a $30 off sale right now for 3 or 7 day passes; the sale ends on the 20th.

Strangely enough, the same product (not the 1 day version) is also for sale via CitySights NY. If you use the link via CitySights you can get 12% back. Booking directly through New York Pass gets you only 5% back. Strange, but true.

There are probably other deals out there for these tours, too. if you search.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: DL Silver (aka, Delta AmEx PLUS), Starbucks Gold :)
thank you very much. i'll click every link.

the visit is end of august.

coupons for shops and stores would be nice, too.

thank you.
As a New Yorker, I rarely notice them, but when I was waiting for a pickup at LaGuardia, there was a small shelf in the corner of the US Air baggage claim area that was filled with brochures and some had coupons. If you're arriving there, check it out. When you are facing the doors from the baggage claim area, the shelves are all the way to your right.

Also, check with your hotel concierge. Most of them have a shelf of brochures that may contain coupons.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
If I can make one more suggestion, download foursquare for your smartphone. There are places that offer a free beer when you check in (even for the first time).
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:57 pm

Since your trip is next week, I'll suggest one more thing....if you are in Times Square, head over to the Marriott Marquis and take one of the glass elevators up to the 8th floor lobby (fun ride). Next to the Concierge desk you will find a display rack of small cards with discounts to many major NYC attractions. I was there last week and picked up discounts to The Intrepid Air Space Sea Museum as well as to several shows and other attractions.

Have a nice trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.