Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EWR luggage/baggage storage

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:56 am
Original Poster

EWR luggage/baggage storage

i'm thinking about a visit at jersey gardens on my last day. we will stay in manhattan and our plane will leave in the evening. so we could drive to newark and take the bus to jersey garden. but what could i do with our luggage?

1. take it with us to jersey gardens - too uncomfortable.

2. check in - is this possible in the morning (plane will leave in the evening)? and if yes and if we buy a lot of stuff than we will take it as cabin luggage - maybe it would be to much and too heavy.

are there any lockers at newark or could you give me another advice?

thank you and sorry for my bad english.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
The airlines usually won't let you check your bags more than a few hours before your flight. You may be able to go to one of the hotels along Rt 1&9 and pay to check your bags at their front/concierge desk = even if EWR had lockers (which I don't think it does, post 11 Sept), that's probably a safer bet.

Just FYI, Jersey Gardens isn't really much to see. It's a pretty typical outlet mall - meaning that many of the stores sell closeouts, factory 'seconds' or clearance merchandise. There is a multiplex cinema, so you could theoretically kill some time there. But I don't really think it's worth a special trip - I'd use the time to explore Manhattan, spend some time at the museums, etc.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 11:50 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
If you're driving in your own (rental?) car, can't you fit all the luggage in the trunk?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.