Car-less in the Hamptons

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Car-less in the Hamptons

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Thanks for the replies. I think I will take the bus up and the train back as going to JFK on Saturday so Jamica stop will be perfect. Thanks again.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, the train stopping (most likely terminating) at Jamaica is rather convenient for getting to JFK. Unfortunately, every time I need to do this (from Sayville/Fire Island, not the Hamptons), the schedule is just a little too inconvenient. Either too close of a connection for comfort, or too long of a connection that it's a time waster, so I usually end up taking a car service. :-/ But I've spent plenty of time on the Montauk line trains over the years to/from Manhattan...
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by guv1976
What are the dimensions of the suitcase? There are overhead luggage racks on the LIRR, but they might not be deep enough -- or tall enough -- to accommodate your particular suitcase.
I can always find a spot on the floor for big, heavy luggage on the LIRR going into or toward the city.

Even going from Jamaica to Suffolk/Nassau on the LIRR, I’ve always managed to get a space for myself and big bags — and that tends to be worse than going west.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.