Reload this Page >

The Complete Guide to EWR - Newark Liberty International Airport [OUTDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Complete Guide to EWR - Newark Liberty International Airport [OUTDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:20 am

Plan B is NJ Transit to PHL. Original Plan B was NE Regional 173 which was scheduled to leave EWR at 3:58 PM but departure time appears to have been changed to 4:28 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by sushanna1
Plan B is NJ Transit to PHL. Original Plan B was NE Regional 173 which was scheduled to leave EWR at 3:58 PM but departure time appears to have been changed to 4:28 PM.
Keep in mind that with NJT, you'll need to transfer at Trenton to SEPTA to 30th Street Station
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know which airlines use which concourses at Terminal B? (I was under the impression that the eventual plan was to connect all 3 airside like they did in Terminal C, but I'm guessing that's been shelved.)
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Does anyone know which airlines use which concourses at Terminal B? (I was under the impression that the eventual plan was to connect all 3 airside like they did in Terminal C, but I'm guessing that's been shelved.)
Here's my best recollection:
North -- Star Alliance
South -- Delta
Central -- other Intl carriers
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anybody have any ideas how to get reasonable car rental rates out of EWR/Newark?
I am getting quotes of close to $ 400 for 3 days! ???
Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by cesco.g
anybody have any ideas how to get reasonable car rental rates out of ewr/newark?
I am getting quotes of close to $ 400 for 3 days! ???
“welcome to new jersey”
Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by manstein58

“welcome to new jersey”
Lol I usually wish I was in NJ when I see rental rates usually so much less then NYC.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

WoW! What pushes up the rates that much ? compared to the West Coast, even busy places like LA manage comparatively decent rates.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:19 am
LP1

how to change terminals at EWR Newark in 90mins

Hello Everyone,
Please help if you can...I'm flying United from London Heathrow to EWR Newark, landing at 7.00pm into Terminal B and have an onward flight to Nashville from Terminal C at 8.30pm. What's the fastest way of getting from TB to TC and am I likely to make it?
I'm considering only hand luggage for speed.
THanks in advance for any advice.
Old May 1, 2018, 11:01 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by LP1
Hello Everyone,
Please help if you can...I'm flying United from London Heathrow to EWR Newark, landing at 7.00pm into Terminal B and have an onward flight to Nashville from Terminal C at 8.30pm. What's the fastest way of getting from TB to TC and am I likely to make it?
I'm considering only hand luggage for speed.
THanks in advance for any advice.
With apologies to LP1 for the delay as I was traveling, this post has now been released from the moderation queue. Hopefully our EWR aficianados will respond!

/Moderator
Old May 1, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Hi LP1 - welcome to FT! You’ll have to clear Customs and Immigration in Terminal B, exit to landside and either walk to Terminal C or take the AirTrain. You’ll then need to re-clear TSA in Terminal C. I’m surprised a 90 minute connection would be considered legal. Even without a checked bag, I feel like you’re pushing your luck.
Old May 2, 2018, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Critic
Hi LP1 - welcome to FT! You’ll have to clear Customs and Immigration in Terminal B, exit to landside and either walk to Terminal C or take the AirTrain. You’ll then need to re-clear TSA in Terminal C. I’m surprised a 90 minute connection would be considered legal. Even without a checked bag, I feel like you’re pushing your luck.
I've heard 90 minutes for inter-terminal connections at EWR.

It is tight OP, so if you have GE and/or TSA Pre, it'll certainly help. If not and you have American or Canadian citizenship, definitely use Mobile Passport Control.
Old May 24, 2018, 3:39 pm

separate business class check in location EWR Terminal C?

family of 4 flying out of EWR for first time, to Bonaire, united biz class.

I read somewhere that there is a separate check in location (level 3?) at terminal C for united biz class, but can't seem to find anything more about this, despite my attempts to search.

Wondering if this is a better option for checking bags? Also wondering if long term parking shuttle bus (wallypark) will take us to this level 3, or do they drop everyone off at level 2?

thanks in advance for any help and guidance.

RJ

Last edited by pairadocs; May 25, 2018 at 6:40 am
Old May 26, 2018, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by cesco.g
WoW! What pushes up the rates that much ? compared to the West Coast, even busy places like LA manage comparatively decent rates.
Lots of good info on rental cars available in the rental car forums.... even help on discount codes, finding the best rate, etc.
Old May 27, 2018, 6:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by pairadocs
Wondering if this is a better option for checking bags?
Yes.
Originally Posted by pairadocs
Also wondering if long term parking shuttle bus (wallypark) will take us to this level 3, or do they drop everyone off at level 2?
The latter. You can take the escalator or elevator up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.