Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for King Tut promo codes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2010, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Looking for King Tut promo codes

Mods feel free to move my post if it's better placed elsewhere.

I tried searching FT but the FT search engine ignores "tut"...

Looking for a discount /promo code for the King Tut exhibit VIP package; if anyone knows where I can find one, that would be lovely. I can only find some codes that get a small break on general admission tickets and since I almost strangled the masses that showed up for Terra Cotta Warriors, I should probably find a way to skip the lines.

Treating some visitors from the UK to the tickets, plus Amtrak and hotel and it's turning into a very expensive weekend. Any discounts help! We want to go in early August.

TIA!
Old Jun 26, 2010, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
If you are an AA Aadvantage member, there is a discount link found here.

I am not sure if this is part of the same series of King Tut shows around NA, but if it is, you may want to take a look at the comments in this thread.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 9:12 pm

I used Goldstar for discount tickets last week. Only one date shows available as of now but keep checking back as they add new dates and events all the time.

https://www.goldstar.com/shows/332533

If the link doesn't show for you, go to www.goldstar.com and register for free. Input NYC for your search area (zip 10023 worked for me) and you should find many offers. Do a search for "Tut" if it doesn't readily appear.

Just so you know, if you purchase through Goldstar, you should go early in the day to secure your ticket and then show up later for your assigned time.

These tickets are not VIP package but might be a good buy for you nonetheless. VIP tickets are $75 each and I find that to be astronomical.

I saw the Tut exhibit in NYC the day after it opened and my son saw it last week. We both thought it was great. Not sure if it is the same exhibit mentioned in the previous link but it was well worth the visit and I would return.

ps- Goldstar has LOTS of great discounts for NYC attractions in case you are looking for other things to do
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:16 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by dcpatti
I tried searching FT but the FT search engine ignores "tut"...
Enclose the word in quotes and it will force the search engine to recognize it.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 9:22 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Theatermania is offering $5 off a ticket here

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york...ut-nyc_167773/
Old Jun 28, 2010, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Thanks for all this!!

We've decided to take the visitors somewhere else for a weekend; not sure where yet! I just got a Hilton promo offer with a good nightly rate in Denver which includes VIP ticket package for the Tut exhibit there. The 2 nights hotel for just the two of us are just a bit less than 4 VIP Tut tickets in NYC and we'd be able to have a combination mileage run and mattress run while we're at it. I'm hearing so many mixed reviews of the exhibit; this way if it's a downer, it's still a fun weekend for my boyfriend and I.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 7:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Groupon discount for King Tut (limited time offer)

For those who are interested in King Tut tickets being held at Discovery TS NYC, Groupon is having a sale on tickets+3D movie for $22 (42% off). The tickets are only on sale for the next 14h35min (12 midnight EST 093010).

http://www.groupon.com/new-york/

Last edited by neuron; Sep 30, 2010 at 7:25 am Reason: edit personal email link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.