Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

New Year's Eve in NYC - dinner and show options?

Old Dec 2, 2009, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

After days of googling I have to ask for the FlyerTalk help - what are the options for dinner and show for New Years eve??? Anything at all? So far only night clubs come up.... I want more of an elegant black tie event.

Thank you!
Old Dec 2, 2009, 2:20 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Dinner and dancing maybe, but probably not much in the dinner and a show category.

Probably have better luck in the New York City forum too, more locals.

Enjoy a Formal Night at The Russian Tea Room
(150 West 57th Street, 212-581-7100)
An annual New Year’s Eve celebration for over 80 years, The Russian Tea Room is a landmark restaurant for the elite, in which formal attire is required and a five-course meal is served before the party is moved upstairs for dancing. This intimate affair can cost $250 to $500 per person.

New Year’s Eve at The Rainbow Room
(65th floor at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, 212-632-5150)
Indulge in a four-course dinner with unlimited Osetra Caviar and white truffles, an open bar, and dancing from 8 p.m. until 3 a.m. in the legendary Rainbow Room Ballroom. An orchestra plays up until midnight before transforming into an after-hours disco. Breathtaking views of the city can be seen from its 65th floor location. This black tie event is $1,500 per person.

Cipriani Wall Street
State of the art sound system featuring a world renowned DJ spinning sets of hip hop, rock, dance, 80's and Top40
6 Hour Premium Top-Shelf Open Bar (9pm–3am)
Butler Passed Hors d'Oeuvres (9pm-11:45pm)
NYE Party favors
Live NYE 2010 Countdown
Complimentary Cipriani signature Prosecco toast at midnight
Complimentary admission to “The Official After Party for NYE2010"
This New Year's Eve 2010, surround yourself with opulence and splendor of the one and only Cipriani Wall Street, a universal symbol of luxury in New York City.

Dress - Formal attire required. Black-tie optional.

Carlton Hotel
Deluxe Experiences presents Carlton Hotel New York City New Years Eve 2010 on Madison Ave., in the heart of Manhattan.

Enjoy all the glitz and glamour of celebrating New Years Eve in NYC, inside one of the city’s most luxurious hotels for an evening of dinner, dance and drinks.

Enjoy six hours of open bar service, delectable hors d’oeuvres and get ready to ring in 2010 with New York City’s elite this New Years Eve inside the magnificent Carlton Hotel, located at 22 E. 29th Street in Manhattan.

Last edited by cordelli; Dec 2, 2009 at 2:26 pm
Old Dec 2, 2009, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
You could attend the New York Philharmonic's New Year's Eve Concert:
http://nyphil.org/attend/season/inde...91&seasonNum=9
http://www.lincolncenter.org/pdfs/tv_notes/123109.pdf

Or the Metropolitan Opera's production of Carmen:
http://www.metoperafamily.org/metope....aspx?id=10386

You could have dinner before the concert or after the opera at Asiate at the Mandarin Oriental if they aren't sold out yet.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Dec 2, 2009 at 3:45 pm
Old Dec 2, 2009, 3:50 pm

I saw an ad in a magazine (probably Time Out) recently for something along the black-tie-dinner-and-a-show lines that was a lot less expensive than the Rainbow Room. I believe it involved a jazz orchestra. But I can't remember where it was....
Old Dec 2, 2009, 5:10 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by Green_eyes
After days of googling I have to ask for the FlyerTalk help - what are the options for dinner and show for New Years eve??? Anything at all? So far only night clubs come up.... I want more of an elegant black tie event.

Thank you!
Check this thread from last year as well:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...ience-nyc.html
Old Dec 2, 2009, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by themicah
I saw an ad in a magazine (probably Time Out) recently for something along the black-tie-dinner-and-a-show lines that was a lot less expensive than the Rainbow Room. I believe it involved a jazz orchestra. But I can't remember where it was....
Got the latest Time Out tonight and found the ad. It's for the Edison Ballroom. I know nothing about the venue, the food or the entertainment, but it sounds vaguely like the kind of thing you're looking for. A quick Google Streetview perusal of the address shows that it's in the Edison Hotel, which I believe is a crappy tourist hotel, so I suspect this may just be a tourist trap. But probably worth looking into in case it doesn't suck.

Edited to add: A little more googling shows that this used to be the Supper Club, which I believe was a hip hop club. Looks like they did a really nice job renovating it, however, and the reviews on yelp make it sound like this could legitimately be a fun option for NYE. Anybody ever been there or know anything about Joe Battaglia's band?
Old Dec 3, 2009, 7:53 am

Feinstein at the Regency might be good.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.