Wiki Posts
Search

Romantic Getaway for Christmas

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2005, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
Romantic Getaway for Christmas

I'd like to go on a romantic getaway for two days from Dec. 24-26th. Any ideas? Oh, and a modest cost would be nice as well.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 10:09 am

Programs: AA, Jetblue (love it for the transcons), Northwest, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, Avis PS, UCLA fan!
I have posted information about the Green Mountain Inn before. It is a fabulous place to stay in Stowe, Vermont. I think anywhere in VT will be romantic. The Green Mountain Inn happens to be where I go when I want a quiet, romantic weekend. I have heard nice things about Woodstock, VT. If you are looking for a little more action, try Killington or Burlington.

Another fabulous inn is the Captain's House Inn in Chatham, MA on Cape Cod. I hear Cape Cod is a nice place to be for Christmas.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 12:51 pm

I really like the Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge MA.

Very old, quaint, romantic....near the Norman Rockwell Museum and lots of nice shops (though for your dates you probably will find few open).

www.redlioninn.com
Old Nov 18, 2005, 7:57 am

We traveled through the area around the Red Lion Inn last summer - visiting the Clark Art Institute in Williamstown. I imagine it would be even more breathtaking covered in snow!
Old Nov 26, 2005, 6:46 pm

I would suggest The Trappe Family Lodge in Stowe Vt. but it is pricey. The views are gorgeous. There are other great lodgings in Stowe that are cheaper and the restaurants in town are wonderful. You could also check out the Balsams in NH. Jefferson NH is also beautiful in the winter. Good luck and have fun
Old Nov 26, 2005, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by milliegirl
I would suggest The Trappe Family Lodge in Stowe Vt. but it is pricey. The views are gorgeous. There are other great lodgings in Stowe that are cheaper and the restaurants in town are wonderful. You could also check out the Balsams in NH. Jefferson NH is also beautiful in the winter. Good luck and have fun
I've never stayed there myself, but friends just came back with a very negative report. My wife and I, on the other hand, have recently spent two weekends at The Pitcher Inn, in Warren, VT. Not cheap, but fabulous and very romantic. Also, unlike many places, you really are not shortchanging yourself by booking the cheapest rooms ($350). The more expensive rooms are larger, but the cheapest rooms are nonetheless lovely, and all have fabulous bathrooms.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Newport RI and Portland, Me would be my 2 favorites. Plenty of shopping, walking and good food.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 4:11 pm

Mayflower Inn, here in CT.

http://www.mayflowerinn.com/
Old Dec 1, 2005, 4:35 pm

The Elms
Ridgefield, CT

http://www.elmsinn.com
Old Dec 1, 2005, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1mm; DL Plt; Marriott Gold; Hyatt something or other; Hilton Gold
Griswold Inn in Essex, CT; Rabbit Hill Inn in Lower Waterford, VT; Woodstick Inn, Woodstock VT - Vermont and New Hampshire are both chock full of quaint inns and b & b's!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.