Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

nice hotels in boston

nice hotels in boston

Old Dec 17, 2004, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: bonvoy lifetime titanium, UA 1k, BR gold
nice hotels in boston

did a search but didn't find what i was looking for...
please give me some good recommendations for hotels in the boston area... looking for a nice place that's close to the downtown area?

haven't been to boston in a while, want to stay at a place that's safe and close to all the excitement around boston

thanks

** starwood a plus, since i'm *wood plat
Old Dec 18, 2004, 3:21 pm

hmm, not much to go on.

Probably the best hotels imho are 15 Beacon (edge of beacon hill - close to Back Bay and Faneuil Hall, Finanacial District, the Eliot Hotel (edge of Back Bay, a cab or the T to Faneuil, North End, Financial), 2 Ritz's (go with old (Boston) for better location (Back bay right next to public garden) not the new one (Boston Common), four seasons (nest to public garden, edge of BB), nine zero (botique near financial district and faneuil).

There is a Westin and a Sheraton for *wood - both in heart of the Back Bay. Both decent, but no means fantastic.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
The Langham (same owner as the Langham in London) was the former Le Meridien Boston, in the old Federal Reserve Bank building in the Financial District. it is a member of Leading Hotels of the World.

More upper-tier hotels, including a Regent Hotel and an Intercontinental (both part of condominium joint projects) are under construction or planned.
Old Dec 26, 2004, 8:01 pm

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, and Hilton Silver
Copley Plaza

It's a good location not too far from down town. There's a nice Westin and a Sheraton there since you're *Wood. the Marriott Copley Plaza is also nice.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
The Langham (same owner as the Langham in London) was the former Le Meridien Boston, in the old Federal Reserve Bank building in the Financial District. it is a member of Leading Hotels of the World.

More upper-tier hotels, including a Regent Hotel and an Intercontinental (both part of condominium joint projects) are under construction or planned.
The Langham is in a kinda dead (Financial District) area if you are looking to do the tourist thing. (It is close to Faneuil and the North End.) (Perfect business location if you doing business in the financial district)

Our firm's holiday party was there. Kind of blah public areas imho. (Food wasn't great). Not sure about the rooms
Old Dec 31, 2004, 6:23 am

I love the new RC on Avery Street. Eclectic, minimalist decor, and with the Amex Plat, we were upgraded to a 2 br corner suite with 2.5 baths for just $225 per night. The RC club has a wonderful afternoon tea as well. The location is just off of Boston Common, and they allow pets
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT
The Lenox is well located. I am guessing it is less expensive (perhaps considerably so) than the ones already mentioned. Its restaurant is very good.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 5:23 am

The Hilton at Logan Airport was one of my favorite hotels. Very attractive hotel with shuttle service to the airport and easy shuttle service to the "T". Awesome breakfast buffet if I may add.
Old Jan 25, 2005, 10:33 am

Programs: CO/OnePass Platinum, *wood Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HiltonHonors Gold, Amex Platinum, Hertz #1CG 5*
I enjoyed the intimacy of the XV Beacon. Nice sized, well appointed room (with fireplace and jacuzzi tub).

Booked it on Amex's LHR rate and got a nice upgrade and 4pm late check-out.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 6:08 pm

If you're still looking for recommendations -- the Back Bay area is a good part of town. As others have mentioned, Westin and Sheraton are good hotels. (Westin being the better of the two). There is a huge mall connecting the two hotels and Prudential Building in the middle (closer to the Sheraton side)

I've also stayed at Nine Zero (90 Beacon St) and it's a very swank, hip, W like hotel. It's pretty pricey too, and they don't belong to any loyalty programs, so that's a huge to me. Friends have also recommended XV to me, but I've never stayed.

The Boston Park Plaza (on Arlington) is another decent Back Bay hotel if you're traveling on the cheap. The lobby is 4*, but the rooms are 2*.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG
So while we are on the subject;

Can anyone give me their opinion on the Langham, Seaport, Jurys and the Boston Harbor; I think I stayed at the BHH a few years back and was a bit disappointed by the service... Any and all views would be appreciated.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 6:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KrisFlyer
My favorite hotel in the Boston area is the Charles Hotel in Cambridge. The decor is classic American, and their restaurant, Henrietta's Table is reliable and pleasant. And Harvard Square is only four stops from downtown Boston on the red line.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 2:46 pm
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by ChiTownAbs
The Boston Park Plaza (on Arlington) is another decent Back Bay hotel if you're traveling on the cheap. The lobby is 4*, but the rooms are 2*.
I would have to disagree that the Park Plaza is as shoddy hotel as you describe. The lobby definately is the centerpiece of the hotel but on the whole, the rooms are good (though smaller than normal). And it's not necessarily on the cheap side either.

I would also have to recommend the Millenium Boston in Fanueil Hall. The restaurant Seasons is outstanding and it's right in the middle of the action, literally. It's a bit quirky layout wise due to how they've expanded but well worth the money and right near lots of action of the Fanueil bars.
Old Apr 30, 2005, 10:34 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Brest hotel I've ever stayed at in Boston is the FS on the Common. I am surprised no one has ever mentioned it here in this thread. It's been a while since I stayed at the old RC but the FS is way better.

The Boston Harbor hotel rooms are decent, the service is nothing special, I would stay there when I have to attend a conference at the Marriott Long Wharf (which is hugely unimpressive).

Just stayed at the newly renoved Hyatt Financial District (formerly a Swissotel) and was not impressed with the renovations but it might be good value if it's coming up cheaply on Priceline.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 3:12 am

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold, US, Delta, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hyatt
The Marriott Long Wharf is a very nice hotel. I haven't stayed there in a few years, but I'm sure that it is still a very nice property. It is also conveniently located near many tourist attractions. Legal's Seafood is close by, as are all the great Italian restaurants in the North End.

I recently stayed at the Omni Parker House, which is an older hotel. I thought that the service was great, and the staff incredibly friendly and helpful. My room was a bit small, but nicely decorated.

The Back Bay Hilton is also very nice. I've always been treated well as a Hilton Diamond and (in previous years) as a Hilton Gold. The rooms are a bit small, but the corner rooms are a reasonable size (although the shape is a bit odd).

I would stay away from any of the airport hotels, as it is not very convenient to get into downtown Boston. You either have to take a taxi (about $20 each way), or take a shuttle to the T (blue line). In either case, it will probably take you 20-30 minutes (more if traffic is bad) getting to/from the hotel. I usually only stay at one of the airport hotels if I have an early morning flight out or am coming in on a late flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.