Reload this Page >

Restaurant recommendations for Brattleboro VT/Keene NH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2022, 10:42 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

Nothing vegetarian please
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I’ve enjoyed the Gleanery in nearby Putney. The food coop in Putney makes decent sandwiches too.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 4:17 am

Curtis' BBQ. Just up 91 and off the Exit. We can stop this discussion right here.
cblaisd, hhdl and SkyLich like this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lionelhutzskis
Curtis' BBQ. Just up 91 and off the Exit. We can stop this discussion right here.
Curtis’ is also in Putney. Same exit as the places I mentioned.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:23 pm

The Stage in downtown Keene, NH. Has been there for years. Varied menu, good service.
For a brewpub try Elm City Brewing in Colony Mill.
Those are a couple of my favorites. There are a lot of good restaurants in downtown Keene. Walk around and find one that suits your fancy.
cblaisd likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Not specifically Keene or Brattleboro, but nearby. Burdick's up in Walpole and Pearl over in Peterborough.
cblaisd likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Whetstone Beer Co is really nice. They have a patio overlooking the river. You order on your phone from a QR code so no flagging down a waiter.

I've heard good things about Hazel Pizza but have not been.

Great sandwiches and takeout at the Vermont Country Deli.
cblaisd likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:48 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

We ate at The Marina (good seafood) and at the Blue Moose (truly excellent Italian).
Old Aug 2, 2022, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cblaisd
We ate at The Marina (good seafood) and at the Blue Moose (truly excellent Italian).
Thanks for the report. The Marina was on my running route when I used to regularly go to Brat, but I never ate there. I did eat at Blue Moose once and enjoyed it. I also just remembered that there’s a very casual (order in the window; eat outside at a picnic table) bbq place down the street from The Marina called Top of the Hill Grill that, though not extraordinary, is decent.
cblaisd likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone!

Any updates? Heading back for a four night stay soon.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 9:41 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
If you're out for the day and in the area, Harrisville (NH) General Store for lunch. Walk up service for creative salads, quiche, sandwiches etc. Fun little place and Harrisville is worth a stroll. https://www.historicharrisville.org/general-store
Recommendations for Burdick's and Pearl still stand. Waterhouse (lunch and dinner) in Peterborough is hit or miss, but a nice spot on the river. Granita (formerly Nicola's) in Keene is decent Italian, but it too can be hit or miss.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the recommendations, all.

Here's where we ended up:
  • Longhorn Steakhouse in Keene. Reliable and very good.
  • Blue Moon Bistro in Brattleboro. Exquisitely good "foodie" Italian. Best pasta I've had.
  • Margarita's Mexican in Keene. Awful. My taco was a a tortilla with what tasted like spaghetti sauce. Good chips & salsa, though.
  • Panda North, Brattleboro. WONDERFUL Chinese and sushi. Beautifully presented. Affable and helpful staff.
  • Putney Diner, Putney. Great breakfast place, quirky. Amazing coconut cream pie.
bitterproffit and hhdl like this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

• Blue Moon Bistro in Brattleboro. Exquisitely good "foodie" Italian. Best pasta I've had.
  • Margarita's Mexican in Keene. Awful. My taco was a a tortilla with what tasted like spaghetti sauce. Good chips & salsa, though.
  • Panda North, Brattleboro. WONDERFUL Chinese and sushi. Beautifully presented. Affable and helpful staff.
  • Putney Diner, Putney. Great breakfast place, quirky. Amazing coconut cream pie.
Glad Blue Moon is still good. That also was one of my favorite meals in the area, but it's been several years.

An aside: I'm currently in London and bought a somewhat last minute single ticket to see The Who and Squeeze perform last night at Royal Albert Hall. Seated next to me was a young woman who also had bought a single ticket, and although she has lived in the UK for five years, she's originally from Montpelier, Vermont! So of course we got to talking about our favorite places in Vermont (and I shared my favorite Vermont story of accompanying a very good friend -- a Grammy award winning Zydeco musician -- as his roadie when he and his band played at Ben Cohen's -- of Ben & Jerry -- wedding in 2016, which Jerry officiated!), and I was reminded how much I love Three Penny Taproom in Montpelier (especially sitting at the bar). So if you, or anyone else reading this thread, finds themselves in the Montpelier area, I highly recommend checking it out.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BTW, I assume you mean the Blue Moose, not the Blue Moon, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.