Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Transfer between Terminals E and B at BOS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite

I hope this is the right place to ask this question, if not please accept my apologies.

Is there a way of going between Terminals B and E at Boston while staying airside, i.e. without leaving and then re entering security?

Many thanks in advance for any insights you may have!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
No. I'm afraid not.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:23 am

Terminal B is a separate building, not connected to any of the other terminals, except by bus on the street afaik. Because of the airport layout, with one-way roads that make a loop, I think the bus goes from Terminal E out of the airport to the blue line T (subway) station, and then returns to enter the airport roads again, stopping at Terminal A and then continuing on to Terminal B (which actually has two sides, each separate from the other).
Old Aug 22, 2014, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by VidaNaPraia
Terminal B is a separate building, not connected to any of the other terminals, except by bus on the street afaik. Because of the airport layout, with one-way roads that make a loop, I think the bus goes from Terminal E out of the airport to the blue line T (subway) station, and then returns to enter the airport roads again, stopping at Terminal A and then continuing on to Terminal B (which actually has two sides, each separate from the other).
Easier and usually faster to hike through the central parking garage.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by BearX220
Easier and usually faster to hike through the central parking garage.
'Hike' being the operative word !
Old Aug 22, 2014, 5:05 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
(Slight side note...the AA and US sides of Terminal B are now connected: http://www.massport.com/news-room/ne...ctor-april-30/)
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:01 am

Are there any airside interterminal connections at BOS anymore? I don't think there are now that United has consolidated into one place and doesn't need to operate the shuttle.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by JY1024
(Slight side note...the AA and US sides of Terminal B are now connected: http://www.massport.com/news-room/ne...ctor-april-30/)
I just picked someone up from terminal B on Tuesday and if such a connection is in place, it was not obvious/visible. Is it underground?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:25 pm

I just picked someone up from terminal B on Tuesday and if such a connection is in place, it was not obvious/visible. Is it underground?
Both sides are connected. United has moved into the space between the old terminals. They built a number of gates. From Massport's site:

Last edited by will2288; Aug 24, 2014 at 7:31 pm
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
This is not accurate. All of the terminals at BOS are connected by internal walkways, but they are all landside.

Also, during most times, the bus that connects the terminals (Bus 11) does not stop at the subway, so it would go from E to A to B. During off-peak times, Bus 55 operates, which does stop at the subway station.

Finally, as noted above, the two sides of Terminal B are now connected, both landside and airside.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blumie
This is not accurate. All of the terminals at BOS are connected by internal walkways, but they are all landside.
As I alluded to above, you can walk among any of the terminals, and to the Hilton, via the central parking structure and connected Habitrail tubes but that is not much help to the OP who wanted to go E --> B airside.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by BearX220
?.....you can walk among any of the terminals, and to the Hilton, via the central parking structure and connected Habitrail tubes ......
Habitrail tubes about describes them ( but hamsters/gerbils probably get better treatment in general :-). And better have a lot of stamina, a lot of time, and very little luggage.
-----
From the diagram above, I must have driven right past the new pedestrian connector at Terminal B, and not noticed.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From the diagram above, I must have driven right past the new pedestrian connector at Terminal B, and not noticed.
It's not really visible from the roadway as you go around the horn at the top of B.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:40 am

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman
Is there a way of going between Terminals B and E at Boston while staying airside, i.e. without leaving and then re entering security?
I suppose you could fly out on US and back on WN (or vice versa), connecting in another city where the two share the same terminal airside area.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CKDGM
I suppose you could fly out on US and back on WN (or vice versa), connecting in another city where the two share the same terminal airside area.
Any international flight* on any airline that uses Terminal B will return you to Terminal E because that's where the customs and immigration folks hang out. Got a couple of days for the transfer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.