Wiki Posts
Search

South Station eateries/food court

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2020, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

South Station eateries/food court

Are Boston’s South Station eateries like Au Bon Pain still open? We will be taking the train to NYC early afternoon on Monday and are planning to pick up sandwiches if the eateries are open.

Thanks.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Where will you be traveling to South Station from? There are much better places than South Station to pick up a sandwich. For example, I always stop by Chacarero, an easy walk from South Station, for their amazing Chilean sandwiches to bring on the train. If coming from or through Cambridge, Mamaleh's Deli is a great choice.

http://chacarero.com/
https://mamalehs.com/
Old Nov 27, 2020, 8:54 am
Original Poster

The short answer is I don’t know. It all depends on the weather.

I definitely appreciate recommendations outside South Station & I thank you.

I just want to verify that places like Au Bon Pain are still open in case we are crunched for time.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Analise
The short answer is I don’t know. It all depends on the weather.

I definitely appreciate recommendations outside South Station & I thank you.

I just want to verify that places like Au Bon Pain are still open in case we are crunched for time.
I highly, highly recommend Chacarero both for convenience and deliciousness. The sandwich comes in three types, chicken, beef, and vegetarian. Small and large. I go for the large beef, extra spicy. Get everything on it. (Tomatoes, Muenster cheese, green beans, guac, salt, pepper, hot sauce). It may sound weird, but it’s amazing.

It’s an easy walk from South Station, but if taking the T you can get off at Washington St, as it’s half way between Washington St and South Station.
Analise likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Analise
Are Boston’s South Station eateries like Au Bon Pain still open? We will be taking the train to NYC early afternoon on Monday and are planning to pick up sandwiches if the eateries are open.

Thanks.
South Station's web page has contact info and hours for the eateries: https://www.south-station.net/eateries

Maybe a simpler approach to call direct when on el train from NYC.

David
Old Nov 27, 2020, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blumie
I highly, highly recommend Chacarero both for convenience and deliciousness. The sandwich comes in three types, chicken, beef, and vegetarian. Small and large. I go for the large beef, extra spicy. Get everything on it. (Tomatoes, Muenster cheese, green beans, guac, salt, pepper, hot sauce). It may sound weird, but it’s amazing.

It’s an easy walk from South Station, but if taking the T you can get off at Washington St, as it’s half way between Washington St and South Station.
Thanks Blumie! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELee
South Station's web page has contact info and hours for the eateries: https://www.south-station.net/eateries

David
Thanks so much. I appreciate that. Enjoy the weekend!
Old Nov 27, 2020, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELee

David
Thanks so much. I appreciate that. Enjoy the weekend!
Old Dec 11, 2020, 7:49 pm
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
Probably too late now, but the only places for food that are open in South Station are McDonald's and Tavern in the Square. Other places in the area are open, but it is limited.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's open at South Station as of Feb 23:

Starbucks
Dunks
Melting Sun (a cafe that seems to have a menu similar to the old Au Bon Pain: bakery items, sandwiches, salads)
Master Wok
McDonald's
Amtrak's Metropolitan Lounge
CVS

Note that almost all of the seating at South Station has been eliminated, so be sure to plan where you're going to eat when you get your food. And I still think the best possible Amtrak meal out of Boston is getting a chacarero sandwich from Chacarero (101 Arch St., Boston, an easy walk from South Station; large beef with the works, extra spicy please; current hours are 11-3 M-F) and enjoying it on the Acela with a Dogfish Head 90 or a Stone IPA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.