Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Portland Maine - Old Port Hotel recommendation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs

Heading for Southwest Harbor Maine for a week over Memorial Day week and plan on flying into Portland. Seems like staying in Old Port would be the best plan for a walkable weekend and a good way to land on the east coast (from SF) for a 2 week vacation. Would appreciate recommendations for a hotel that is well located and does't need to be luxury, but a nice place to spend the first days of our vacation. Not opposed to a "chain" hotel but more interested in local flavor. Suggestions appreciated!
Old Jan 7, 2020, 4:01 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
There are several good options in that area, including a rather new Hyatt Place that is right in the heart of the Old Port. But there's also a Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, and the Portland Harbor Hotel that would all be good choices and very walkable to anything in the Old Port. Slightly further away but not bad are the Residence Inn and Courtyard, and even further away are the Holiday Inn and Westin.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by lo2e
There are several good options in that area, including a rather new Hyatt Place that is right in the heart of the Old Port. But there's also a Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, and the Portland Harbor Hotel that would all be good choices and very walkable to anything in the Old Port. Slightly further away but not bad are the Residence Inn and Courtyard, and even further away are the Holiday Inn and Westin.
Thanks lo2e. Also found an article that talked about the Press Hotel, the Inn at Park Spring and the Portland Harbor Inn, so looks like there is lots to chose from.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:14 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Have been trying to plan a trip to Portland for ages - it keeps getting pushed down :-( (and missing out on a Maine opportunity this summer with my mom due to poorly timed other trips on both our parts) Have been really interested in the Press Hotel (owned by Marriott?) and the Hyatt for location. Will look at Park Spring & Portland Harbor as well.

[I REALLY want to do a Maine Beer Bus tour - but husband and I disagreeing on whether we want to do a tour that ends at a hockey game or a curling lesson!]
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:08 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
I'd forgotten, I've heard a lot of buzz about the Press Hotel but haven't been there myself, so I can't vouch for it. But the reviews for it seem nothing short of amazing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.