Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Flying out of PVD and returning rental car

Old Jan 6, 20, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver

Hi everyone, flying out of PVD to FLL Feb 14 11:30am on Southwest with party of 6 for MA winter break. I usually do Logan or MHT but due to direct flight and price I am choosing PVD going down and BOS comign home. I live north of Boston and it is about an hour and 15 min drive. I am going to do a one way car rental via Enterprise and plan to drop off the wife and kids to check in luggage. I read the car rental is on site but at least 10 min walk so I plan to return the car myself and walk over to meet them.

Is 1.5 hour enough for check in and security. If it is anything like MHT, hoping PVD is a breeze. FYI, my wife and I are A list southwest and we ALL have TSA pre.

Thanks.
Old Jan 7, 20, 6:21 pm

Location: Box Three Five Oh, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
1.5 hours should be plenty with Precheck. You will be with all the other "off of school next week" travelers, so it might be busier than usual, though
Old Feb 1, 20, 3:30 pm

Suggestion: Drop off the family at the arrivals (lower) level rather than departures (upper) level. They can go right up the escalator to arrivals. Dropping off at arrivals can be a real zoo.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: