Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uber /Lyft central parking?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2019, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM
Flew into BOS last night with a lot of baggage from a family camping trip. Grabbed a cab. It runs about $10 more to my house, and there's less legroom in the back for me with the divider, but no interest in hauling all that gear over to central parking. The taxi operators are getting what they want out of this deal. Plus, there's no wait for a cab these days, they are lined up waiting for us. I still take Uber in to Logan as it's a pain getting cab service out in the burbs.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 9:21 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
New Globe article about the Central Parking Lyft/Uber program: https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...52M/story.html
Old Dec 30, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
With the new pickup scheme, this workaround for BOS pickups could be more feasible in good weather:

1. Take free Blue line shuttle to Airport station.
2. Enter Airport station, use crossover to walk across the tracks to the Bremen St Park entrance/exit (this staircase is outside fare control, on the left side of the station - do not enter the fare gates)
3. Exit station, walk across the park
4. Request lyft/uber from the park entrance, approximately at 42°22'31.3"N 71°01'52.9"W (you can search that as a location in google maps)

It will also likely be cheaper since the pickup is outside of the airport, so no Massport tolls/airport surge. You cannot request a lyft/uber from the bus area of the airport station; you need to walk across the park.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:26 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
My plan: free Silver Line to South Station / Red Line to MIT Kendall Square / Elevator up to Marriott, Lyft/Uber from there to my Cambridge destination.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:59 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
That's actually the second time today I'd seen that plan of catching the Uber/Lyft at Bremen St. (first was on Reddit) Awesome hack. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.