FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   New England (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-england-452/)
-   -   BOS Terminal E questions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-england/1981813-bos-terminal-e-questions.html)

rove312 Aug 6, 2019 8:05 am

BOS Terminal E questions

Later this month, we'll be taking the LEVEL flight to BCN, and I see that it most often goes from gate E3. Is my understanding correct that this is in the former Southwest gate area, and the only sit-down food is the Vineyard Grille? I know that we could go up to the main E concourse for more options, but my wife asks for wheelchair assistance and we might as well keep it simple. Also seeing stories of chaotic boarding on LEVEL, and want it to be clear that we're pre-boards. If we don't still have the wheelchair, does anyone here know if that gate has designated pre-board seats?

wds17 Aug 7, 2019 8:36 am

Originally Posted by rove312 (Post 31385212)
Later this month, we'll be taking the LEVEL flight to BCN, and I see that it most often goes from gate E3. Is my understanding correct that this is in the former Southwest gate area, and the only sit-down food is the Vineyard Grille? I know that we could go up to the main E concourse for more options, but my wife asks for wheelchair assistance and we might as well keep it simple. Also seeing stories of chaotic boarding on LEVEL, and want it to be clear that we're pre-boards. If we don't still have the wheelchair, does anyone here know if that gate has designated pre-board seats?

You likely already know you can walk between Terminal E and C. When I depart from those lower gates in Terminal E (E1-E3) I often use the Terminal C security, especially with TSA-Pre (eg Frontier) - LEVEL I don't believe has TSA-Pre check. So you can get to the Legal Sea Foods or Boston Beer Works on the Terminal C concourse for more food options (without needing to take elevator upstairs to the main Terminal E concourse).

rove312 Sep 2, 2019 9:28 am

Updating to say not to believe the Massport site saying the Vineyard Grille is open until 30 minutes before the last departure. For our 11.10 p.m. flight, before 9 they said the kitchen was closed. Also for LEVEL, my wife was in a wheelchair at the gate and they did not call for preboarding. We were also Premium Class and they called for that but did not look our way.

Simon Schus Aug 30, 2020 12:06 pm

Hi all,

Are there any restaurants open in BOS Terminal E at the moment either before security or after security?

rove312 Aug 30, 2020 1:20 pm

We flew out of Terminal E on Aug. 25.I went by the website report that only Burger King was open. I didn't verify it, but everything looked closed between security and the farthest gate to the right.

Blumie Aug 30, 2020 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Simon Schus (Post 32640312)
Hi all,

Are there any restaurants open in BOS Terminal E at the moment either before security or after security?

As noted upthread, Terminals C and E are connected airside, allowing airside access to anything open in either terminal.