Cape Cod - summer options for trip with extended family

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)

Longtime flyertalk member here but we’ve been on a travel hiatus since we had our infant.

We are looking to plan a family trip to cape cod with my husband’s family. Total is 6 adults, 2 kids under 2.

We usually book through Amex FHR but July pricing is going to be too expensive for some family members.

What town/area is best for us to stay in? Can you recommend any options that would max out At $450/night per family? It could be a hotel but we are open to homes as long as we can rent for 1 week or less (so hard in high season). Ideally on the beach or easy access to the beach and a pool is a must. Thank you!

Last edited by floridagal23; Dec 31, 2018 at 8:49 am
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Have a look at the Seacrest Hotel
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Ocean Edge in Brewster is popular and could be good for you.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Ocean Edge in Brewster is popular and could be good for you.
Thanks. This looks like a good option, but the mansion side rooms will be too expensive for some of our group. Is the golf side still worth it? It seems you only get beach access if you stay on the mansion side.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blumie
Have a look at the Seacrest Hotel
thanks, I will take a look!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: SPG
As a native Bostonian let me tell you, the Cape is overrated. Do consider Newport RI, as a closer (to you) and nicer alternative.

But if I were in your situation this is what I would choose:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5650601?s=51
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
What are you looking for? Peace and quiet (with nice beaches) or loads of shopping and manufactured things for the kids to do. If it's the former, go to Truro or Wellfleet (and get there by taking the fast ferry from Boston). If it's the latter, Chatham (which has access to all the craziness and tickytackiness of Hyannis and Harwich). Personally, Wellfleet is my favorite town on the Cape. Beautiful beaches, just enough of a village to keep things interesting (which Truro is sadly lacking), but not too far from P-town or Chatham if you want tourist craziness and more meal variety. Plus Wellfleet has the drive in

Newport is gorgeous, but IMHO the beaches aren't as nice. If you look at Newport, I would try to get somewhere near Gooseberry Beach. Easy enough to get to downtown, but fairly quiet part of town.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:30 am

Dennis has nice beaches on both the bay side and the ocean side of the Cape. Our family (6 adults, 2 kids) has found houses on WeNeedAVacation.com. Specializes in Cape properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.