Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Boston Airport the Saturday After Thanksgiving

Old Oct 22, 18, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

I'm not sure if this is more appropriate here or in the JetBlue forum, so feel free to move if it should be there. I've got a JetBlue flight out of Boston at 6 PM the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and am debating when I should get to the airport. I'll be taking a bus down from New Hampshire, and have a choice between buses that get to the airport at either 3:40 PM or 4:40 PM. Would 4:40 PM be pushing it too close to make a 6 PM flight? I have Precheck and will be carry-on only, and would prefer to take the later bus if possible so that I'm not stuck killing lots of time at the airport. But I worry that getting to the airport 1 hour and 20 minutes before the flight has very little room for error, especially if the traffic is bad or the TSA backed up, and it's the last flight of the night to where I'm going.
Old Oct 28, 18, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
If the bus arrives on or close to on time you’ll be fine.
Old Nov 4, 18, 1:06 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
I would suggest taking the earlier bus. Sunday after Thanksgiving is one of the busiest travel days related to Thanksgiving. There's a reason why this day is one of the most expensive days to travel in November!
Old Nov 4, 18, 11:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP is flying out on Saturday, not Sunday. T-1:20 on Saturday evening will be fine unless there are horrible driving conditions in which case you will know about them before you depart New Hampshire and can adjust accordingly.

Saturday will be a bit busier than the average Saturday, but nothing odd.

Sunday is when I would take the earlier bus, even though Pre-Check is pretty much always smooth.
Old Nov 4, 18, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
There is no way to give you an answer that is satisfactory. All it takes is one accident on the highway and all bets are off.
diburning likes this.
Old Nov 4, 18, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
OP is flying out on Saturday, not Sunday. T-1:20 on Saturday evening will be fine unless there are horrible driving conditions in which case you will know about them before you depart New Hampshire and can adjust accordingly.

Saturday will be a bit busier than the average Saturday, but nothing odd.

Sunday is when I would take the earlier bus, even though Pre-Check is pretty much always smooth.
Oops! I don't know how I misread that!
Old Nov 8, 18, 1:20 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: SPG/Marriott: Plat; Hyatt/Hilton: DIA; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
I would say the later bus is fine. Precheck in C usually goes fairly fast...20 to 30 minutes at most (even during the peak consultant shuffle hours). However, BOS B6 is really really diligent about closing the doors at T-20..so I would make sure you have a backup flight identified, in case something comes up that doesn't allow you to make your flight. Sunday is a whole other BOW....all bets are off.
Old Nov 15, 18, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone!

Search this Thread