Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

LimoLiner / Limo Liner Luxe Bus New York - Framingham - Boston

Old Oct 17, 18, 11:25 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Our cruise was due into the Manhattan Cruise Terminal at 7 a.m. on Saturday, but fate in the guise of sudden engine failure in Buzzards Bay put us in at 9 p.m. That meant our JFK-BOS flight that afternoon was not taken and our first night at a Boston hotel was lost. Additionally, we had to book a night in NYC and still get to Boston the following day.

We booked the New York Hilton Midtown (reimbursed by the cruise line) and in the morning after breakfast boarded the LimoLiner bus, which conveniently departs from the side exit very close to the hotel Executive Lounge:

LimoLiner boards curbside on West 53rd and 6th Ave (1301 Avenue of the Americas) in front of the EXIT only door of the Hilton Hotel, across from Starbucks.

The schedule this day had departures at 11:15, and at 1:15, 2:15 and 7:15 p.m. The drive from the Hilton Midtown NYC to the curb in front of the Boston Sheraton Back Bay is 4:30 hours. The cost is $99.00 per person all in, and LimoLiner offers occasional flash sales with $30 savings. Weekdays, departures frequency is increased.

The weather was drizzly and several of us were waiting for the bus inside the hotel just in front of the lounge, as the bus stop is neither clearly marked nor sheltered. We had purchased our tickets online. At 11:05 we still hadn’t seen the bus so I called the LimoLiner office. They informed me the bus was at the curb, closer to 6th Avenue.

We went out the one way door and spotted the bus. The young conductor checked our identification against his list, the driver placed our luggage in the baggage bay and we took our reserved seats on the two passenger (starboard) side of the bus. We were off at about 11:20 a.m., a few minutes late because several of us were waiting in the hotel by the door and LimoLiner crew do not come to the hotel door to let you know the bus has arrived. In my opinion, this is a small, but important, fail - particularly on a day with inclement weather.

First impressions were good. The clean LimoLiner bus is equipped with a lav and a galley, much as on a commercial airplane. Similarly, the leather covered seats are much like the domestic First Class seat you’d find on one of the legacy carriers, with a foot bar and high seat back with moderate recline. As well, there’s at-seat power, and decent courtesy WiFi.

The overhead bins are enclosed and will handle pieces of baggage the size of a personal item. They won’t accept a standard rollaboard, but a LimoLiner bus ticket entitled you to two checked bags. The seatback folding tray is small and sturdy enough for a small device or your grayed meal, but it’s not substantial enough for a larger laptop. There is a four seat grouping with seats facing each other across a center table for families, friends or work groups and a similar grouping on the port side for two.

The LimoLiner begins boarding curbside 10 minutes before your departure and leaves on time. Please plan to be at the departure point outside curbside. Please have a legal photo ID available to show the LimoLiner attendant. Once the crew puts your luggage in the cargo bay and verifies your reserved seat you may proceed onboard.
Our departure was on time, and after driving through Manhattan and over a bridge we were rolling comfortably on the turnpike heading to Hartford and onward.

We were soon offered coffee or soft drinks as well as a snack basket by the courteous and attentive attendant-conductor. We had prebooked the hot meal option, and were soon served a tray on our small seatback folding table with surprisingly palatable food (we had the turkey breast and it was succulent and tasty), if small (light meal) in size.

We arrived at the short stop at the main entrance canopy of the Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center, located at 1657 Worcester Road, Framingham, MA, and continued to our final stop directly in front of the Sheraton Back Bay at 39 Dalton Street, Bostonacross from the Hilton Hotel Back Bay on time, where we recovered our bags and took a taxi to our hotel.

All in all, this was a reasonably priced, comfortable and convenient way to travel between NYC and Boston, avoiding airport madness, security, etc. and certainly much more comfortable than Economy on any airline. Booking on line was easy, fast and flawless.

LimoLiner
Website link
Tel: +1.844.40-LINER / +1.844.4054
Offices: 154 Maple St Stoughton, MA 02072
$99.00 per person one way between New York and Boston, occasional flash sales to $69.
Book online for preferred schedule, reserved seat and meal choice.
  • A complimentary meal (hot or cold)
  • Snack and beverage service
  • Onboard entertainment
  • Refreshing hot towel service
  • Lounge in leather reclining seats
  • Free Wi-Fi during your trip
  • Seat side power outlets
  • Complimentary checked baggage (2 pieces @ 50 lb, $10 each other bag)
Attached Images      
guv1976, Analise and mstraveler like this.

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 18, 18 at 11:09 am Reason: Add
Old Oct 17, 18, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Glad to hear that it worked out for you. Had you also considered other alternatives, like Amtrak or a one-way car rental?
BearX220 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 18, 3:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976 View Post
Glad to hear that it worked out for you. Had you also considered other alternatives, like Amtrak or a one-way car rental?
Thanks.

AMTRAK with bags, poor schedule Sundays, station construction, no bargain.

One way car rental was more of a hassle. “Door to door” worked well. I’d do it again if I was doing downtown to downtown.
Old Oct 18, 18, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat (2.90MM), DL GM and Flying Colonel (1.04MM); Bonvoy Gold
This report is a welcome relief from the usual "They didn't show up, they threw my Stradivarius off the top of the bus, they drove over my backpack and they kicked my dog" fare! Thanks!
JDiver, Analise and lo2e like this.
Old Oct 18, 18, 4:31 pm

Location: Box Three Five Oh, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
We took them roundtrip BOS/NYC/BOS a few years ago when we "won" tickets at a charity auction. Back then the Framingham pickup spot was a parking lot off of Route 9 near that Sheraton. It was free to park there so we liked that vs. going into Boston.

Also a very good experience, but we prefer the train, @ $49/person each way when we chose not to drive.
Old Oct 19, 18, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Out of my Element View Post
We took them roundtrip BOS/NYC/BOS a few years ago when we "won" tickets at a charity auction. Back then the Framingham pickup spot was a parking lot off of Route 9 near that Sheraton. It was free to park there so we liked that vs. going into Boston.

Also a very good experience, but we prefer the train, @ $49/person each way when we chose not to drive.
The parking lot at the Sheraton “castle” at Framingham, now charges $10 a day for parking.

In our case, if the train had been convenient, we would have probably used it, though with baggage etc. The idea of a forced stay in NYC and the bus by the door won out. (The cruise company reimbursed everyone for lost air tickets, enforced stays, etc.)
Old Nov 4, 18, 1:44 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Nice to see a positive review. I've known about LimoLiner for a while now, and have thought about trying it, but the reviews have put me off. Most of the reviews online are complaints about LimoLiner not maintaining their buses properly, and poor punctuality.
Old Nov 28, 18, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HH, MR elite. Fly mostly AA/WN/B6.
The interior looks nice, but I am not sure it is 5x or 6x as nice as Megabus or Peter Pan at 5x or 6x the price. The only scenario where I can see this working for me is a last-minute walkup booking where the many other options are near $99 or greater. Even then I would still probably rent a car first.
Old Dec 31, 19, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hertz PC, IHG Gold
FYI, They just went out of business as of Dec 31, 2019. Had a reservation for my grandmother next week and got a call from them saying all reservations are cancelled.
Old Jan 9, 20, 11:03 pm

You might want to look into GoSherpa.net which goes door-to-door between Boston & NYC (like a taxi) for slightly less than what LimoLiner was charging.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: