Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

How to get from BDL to West Haven?

Old Aug 20, 18, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level

Is there any reasonable way to get from BDL to West Haven? I've looked for a shuttle and found nothing. Don't want to pay $160 for a private car. Don't want to rent a car as I will not be returning to BDL.
Old Aug 20, 18, 4:33 pm

Location: Box Three Five Oh, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Google Maps has a few suggestions on public transport. Driving is about an hour. Their combos (2 transfers) takes about 3 hours.

You could also take the Hartford Flyer from the airport to Hartford and catch the Hartford Line bus to New Haven, and take a cab/uber from there
Old Aug 21, 18, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
I'm running into problems with timing - my flight arrives at 6:44 pm. Can't imagine getting out of the airport before 7:45pm (I will have one checked bag). Looked at renting a car but the one-way drop-off fees are ridiculous.
Old Aug 21, 18, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by STBCypriot View Post
Is there any reasonable way to get from BDL to West Haven? I've looked for a shuttle and found nothing. Don't want to pay $160 for a private car. Don't want to rent a car as I will not be returning to BDL.
A quick glance at UBER shows the standard rate (UberX) as $65 today (4pm on a weekday). Cannot imagine it would be any more well after the evening rush hour.

Search this Thread