FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   New England (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-england-452/)
-   -   Boston Hotel for 2 nights, which one is best? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-england/1891253-boston-hotel-2-nights-one-best.html)

lighting Jan 30, 2018 2:36 am

Boston Hotel for 2 nights, which one is best?

I know this is a 'luxury' hotel forum so not sure if this is the right place.

Looking for a hotel in Boston for 2 nights 10-12 March ! I'm not looking at anything at the top end !

I fly in Sat night (BA First) and have two nights to myself before I'm picked up on Monday morning to head north on business.

On the Sunday I'm going to do some research into what high end furniture and lighting stores in Boston are selling, so being around the shopping areas would be preferable.

I know nothing about Boston, but I'm currently looking at Lenox (£532 for 2 nights), Omni Parker House (£532), The Godfrey (£560), Beacon Hill (£486)

If anyone can recommend something they think is better or which one is best that would be great

offerendum Jan 30, 2018 6:43 am

From Saturday to Monday Intercontinental could be an option, especially if you are (or apply) for Ambassador Status (tight timeline, but . With a free Weekend certificate it can be great value. I stayed in 2011 and while it´s surely not high end it offers a Club, good sized suites

RichardInSF Jan 30, 2018 8:21 am

I haven't been to Boston for a while but would tend to prefer the Four Seasons across the street from the Public Gardens. No idea how its location works for high end furniture stores, however. I suspect those are more outside of the center of town.

But it doesn't sound like you are looking for a luxury hotel, so I am going to move this to the New England forum where you should get a better range of responses.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels and travel

JumboJet Jan 30, 2018 8:30 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 29357528)
I haven't been to Boston for a while but would tend to prefer the Four Seasons across the street from the Public Gardens. No idea how its location works for high end furniture stores, however. I suspect those are more outside of the center of town.

It's a nice hotel but probably at least double the OPs budget. :eek::D

lighting Jan 30, 2018 9:05 am

Update - I've booked the Langham Hotel Boston !

It's well located, looks good enough for me and was considerably cheaper than the rivals around this price at £400 for two nights ! (think I've picked an expensive weekend to be in Boston).

Swiss Tony Jan 31, 2018 1:08 am

Originally Posted by lighting (Post 29357735)
Update - I've booked the Langham Hotel Boston !

It's well located, looks good enough for me and was considerably cheaper than the rivals around this price at £400 for two nights ! (think I've picked an expensive weekend to be in Boston).

From the research i've done, every weekend is expensive in Boston :-D

offerendum Jan 31, 2018 1:56 am

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony (Post 29360945)
From the research i've done, every weekend is expensive in Boston :-D

Indeed, was shocked by prices.

LindaTerrill Jan 31, 2018 6:49 am

A Deluxe King at the Fairmont Copley Plaza is £348 per night plus tax. Book though a Virtuoso agent for amenities. Good location for shopping, but I'm not sure about shopping for high end furniture.

Virtuoso amenities:
  • Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
  • Full breakfast daily for up to two in-room guests, in restaurant
  • $100 USD equivalent Food & Beverage credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full. Credit may be used towards OAK Long Bar + Kitchen, In Room Dining and Mini-Bar)
  • Complimentary Wi-fi
  • Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
Edit: just realized you were looking at £400 for 2 nights. This won't be a fit.

lighting Jan 31, 2018 7:51 am

Originally Posted by LindaTerrill (Post 29361641)
A Deluxe King at the Fairmont Copley Plaza is £348 per night plus tax. Book though a Virtuoso agent for amenities. Good location for shopping, but I'm not sure about shopping for high end furniture.

Virtuoso amenities:
  • Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
  • Full breakfast daily for up to two in-room guests, in restaurant
  • $100 USD equivalent Food & Beverage credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full. Credit may be used towards OAK Long Bar + Kitchen, In Room Dining and Mini-Bar)
  • Complimentary Wi-fi
  • Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
Edit: just realized you were looking at £400 for 2 nights. This won't be a fit.

Thanks anyway Linda !