Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Are Boston water taxis shared rides?

Old Oct 14, 17, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.

I am staying at the Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor (which is basically at Logan) and I was browsing the reviews online since I have never stayed there before and there are a bunch of very positive mentions of water taxis among the reviews.

Investigating these further I am a little fuzzy on the details and the operator websites are hardly illuminating and seem deliberately vague. However I note that all the fares are flat rate per passenger rather than by distance and that is making me visualize a floating blue airport van that could be making innumerable stops along the way.

Any first hand experiences?
Old Oct 15, 17, 12:08 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Continental, United, Southwest, BA, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Error 601 View Post
I am staying at the Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor (which is basically at Logan) and I was browsing the reviews online since I have never stayed there before and there are a bunch of very positive mentions of water taxis among the reviews.

Investigating these further I am a little fuzzy on the details and the operator websites are hardly illuminating and seem deliberately vague. However I note that all the fares are flat rate per passenger rather than by distance and that is making me visualize a floating blue airport van that could be making innumerable stops along the way.

Any first hand experiences?
I think there's more than one service now. You want the Rowes Wharf Water Taxi. This is the link: http://www.roweswharfwatertransport.com/ This is the boat that leaves from behind the Hyatt Logan and goes straight to Rowes Wharf and drops you at the Boston Harbor Hotel.
Old Oct 15, 17, 4:49 pm

Location: Box Three Five Oh, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
The regular water taxis can pick up multiple passengers at the same time.
Old Oct 17, 17, 10:45 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Kinda depends on the "driver." Depending on the number of folks on the boat, he/she may ask the other passengers if they're in a rush or if it's okay to swing to another dock to pick up someone else.

Search this Thread