sleeping in BOS

Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

my sister has a small child and lives in suburbia boston. she ~wants~ to pick me up on arrival, but it ain't practical!!

if anyone knows of any comfy, heated benches right outside BOS, pls chime in! ha
Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:43 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Maybe go to one of the airport hotels on their shuttle (either of the two on site as they are big enough to have enough space) and act like you belong there. Find a comfy chair in the lobby in an out of the way place or see if a restaurant has open doors and find a place to doze off. Wear sunglasses and sit up with a magazine or iPad or Kindle in your hand so they think you're reading.

Don't snore or drool.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Maybe go to one of the airport hotels on their shuttle (either of the two on site as they are big enough to have enough space) and act like you belong there. Find a comfy chair in the lobby in an out of the way place or see if a restaurant has open doors and find a place to doze off. Wear sunglasses and sit up with a magazine or iPad or Kindle in your hand so they think you're reading.

Don't snore or drool.
love it!! hilarious!

unfortunately, i have dreadlocks and a big bushy beard. i might be "targeted" but it's surely worth a try!!
Old Sep 11, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Well if your sister lives in the Suburbs you can consider using the Logan Express bus service which runs around the clock. They bring you out to the South, West and North Suburbs (I frequently use the one to Braintree). You could consider taking that and then taking a cab to her house (At the ungodly hour of the morning -- but better than the airport).

Also consider taking a bump from the airline if they are asking for volunteers. If your trip is coming up soon there have been a lot of great voucher offers and you could score a free hotel in your origin city with a flight the next morning.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by hi55us
Well if your sister lives in the Suburbs you can consider using the Logan Express bus service which runs around the clock. They bring you out to the South, West and North Suburbs (I frequently use the one to Braintree). You could consider taking that and then taking a cab to her house (At the ungodly hour of the morning -- but better than the airport).
Unfortunately, most Logan Express stops running between 1:15 and 6:30 AM from BOS, on a good day (OP arrives at 1:05, so could be tight).

http://www.massport.com/logan-airpor...ess/braintree/

http://www.massport.com/logan-airpor...ss/framingham/

http://www.massport.com/logan-airpor...xpress/woburn/

EXCEPT Peabody, which has more round the clock schedule (but still no service between 1:15 and 4:15 AM)

http://www.massport.com/logan-airpor...press/peabody/
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

thanks to all for info. fyi, this is a 1:05am arrival on christmas eve morning. ugh!
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Maybe your sister can give you an Uber gift card for Christmas.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:56 am
Original Poster

no uber's to her house!
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Well then it looks like your last hope is a schedule change between now and December, which would allow you to possibly avoid the 1 AM arrival...
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hi55us
Well then it looks like your last hope is a schedule change between now and December, which would allow you to possibly avoid the 1 AM arrival...
yep. fingers crossed!!!
Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by r m a h
love it!! hilarious!

unfortunately, i have dreadlocks and a big bushy beard. i might be "targeted" but it's surely worth a try!!

Dye your beard gray and pretend your Santa Claus :-) Nobody should question Santa Claus on Xmas eve. Hope it works out for you.

--Jon
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
Dye your beard gray and pretend your Santa Claus :-) Nobody should question Santa Claus on Xmas eve. Hope it works out for you.

--Jon
ho ho ho! has anyone seen rudolph?

ha!
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Serious answer:

If you are coming in on Delta, you can walk under cover to the Logan Airport Hilton. There is a heated enclosed sky-walkway from Terminal A over to the central parking garage, and another shorter one from the garage to the Hilton.

When you enter the Hilton you do so on an upper floor dominated by meeting rooms. If you were checking in, you'd walk past all that and find a down escalator to the lower lobby. But if you stay up there you will find warm, quiet places where you can most likely camp. I would not make a big show of sprawling out and going to sleep, but if you sit down and nod off I don't think anyone will find you.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by r m a h
no uber's to her house!
Uber will drive about as far out as you can think of. I know Uber is fine with going out to the 495 belt. Taxis same. Sure, cost is a concern (your no motels in the OP definitely indicates that), but logistically they are willing to do it. I've seen people take Uber Houston-Austin, which is almost 200 miles and 3 hours roughly.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BearX220
Serious answer:

If you are coming in on Delta, you can walk under cover to the Logan Airport Hilton. There is a heated enclosed sky-walkway from Terminal A over to the central parking garage, and another shorter one from the garage to the Hilton.

When you enter the Hilton you do so on an upper floor dominated by meeting rooms. If you were checking in, you'd walk past all that and find a down escalator to the lower lobby. But if you stay up there you will find warm, quiet places where you can most likely camp. I would not make a big show of sprawling out and going to sleep, but if you sit down and nod off I don't think anyone will find you.
this sounds SAAAHWWWEEEEEET. will give it a go for sure!
BearX220 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.