Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for a BOS airport hotel?

Old May 16, 17, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I don't think it'll come to this. I've got 2 separate tickets booked, one for MAN - BOS and one for BOS -RIC in mid June.

If anything happens to my TATL flight I might need to overnight in BOS, and would probably be out of my own pocket. This is a leisure trip.

Is there a go-to hotel that people on the forum would recommend?

I would be gold on IHG, gold on SPG/Marriott, and silver on Hilton.

I'd like to gather as much info as I can beforehand so if anything happens I have a list that I can go through rather than frantically googling as and when it happens.

Thanks,
Fish
Old May 16, 17, 8:16 am

Location: Box Three Five Oh, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
There are 2 hotels on airport property: Hyatt and Hilton. Both nice. Both expensive

There are 4 hotels NEAR airport property: Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, and Marriott Courtyard. All have shuttles, all are what you'd expect from the brand, all are better priced than the airport options.

There are many other hotels with "Logan" in the name that are nowhere near the airport.
Old May 16, 17, 8:19 am

Programs: (PM)AA UA DL SPG
The Logan Hilton is at the airport.

The "Logan" Starwood is The Four Points in Revere, about 10 miles north. There is a shuttle, but traffic could make travel time back to the airport a variable proposition.
Old May 16, 17, 9:29 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
BOS is close enough to downtown that you can take the Silverline or Blue line pretty easilly and open up the whole of Boston hotels as an option. BUT Boston tends to be very expensive when it comes to hotels. For last minute stays you might find that the Hilton right at the airport or the Hyatt which is a short shuttle away have cheaper rates than the hotels in the city proper.

The hotels I can list that I know are decent and pretty easy to get to (there may be more than I know of) are the Hilton Logan Airport (accessible by the skywalk from the international terminal), the Hyatt Logan Airport, the Embassy Suites, and then nearby on the other side of the harbor you have the Westin Waterfront, Seaport Boston, and Rennaisance Boston Waterfront, which are all a short trip on the Silverline away.
Old May 16, 17, 10:25 pm

The Embassy Suites is just as close as the Hyatt, both are essentially on the edge of the airport property. The Hilton is a 5-10 minute walk from the terminals, or use their shuttle bus. If you take a shuttle, all 3 are basically the same drive distance.

I think the Hyatt is the nicest, but the Hilton is not far behind (Hilton usually charges more given its location). I've stayed at better Embassy Suites, but the BOS location is just fine.

I would stay at the cheapest of the 3 on airport locations as well as the Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn and Courtyard. As noted, the Four Points is a long 6 miles away.

Last edited by will2288; May 16, 17 at 10:34 pm
Old May 18, 17, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HH, MR elite. Fly mostly AA/WN/B6.
Originally Posted by Cloudship View Post
The hotels I can list that I know are decent and pretty easy to get to (there may be more than I know of) are the Hilton Logan Airport (accessible by the skywalk from the international terminal), the Hyatt Logan Airport, the Embassy Suites...
Those are the three that are literally on airport property or adjacent to it. Don't write them off, expense-wise; rates vary wildly. I've been to all three, but my go-to is the Hilton (I like that you can walk to all terminals from there) and it's sometimes very reasonable.

Because of the geography of the area and general desolation / seediness of route 1A, anything beyond those three in East Boston or Revere is a big step down, both in distance from Logan and aesthetically. As someone else noted, there are a lot of so-so hotels on 1A, one to 5 or 6 miles north of the airport, that call themselves the "[Hotel Name] Logan Airport" but are kidding themselves and misleading you. In case OP is British, it would be like a hotel in Hammersmith or Maidenhead advertising itself as the XXX Heathrow Airport.

Besides, in less time than it takes to chug miles up the crowded, grubby 1A arterial to the "Sheraton Four Points Logan Airport" (actually in Revere, not near Logan Airport, and marooned amid shopping plazas with no walkable food options IIRC except Pizzeria Uno), you can ride the Silver Line bus into the city and stay around Faneuil Hall or the Waterfront, which is 100 times more salutary and probably not much more costly.
Old May 18, 17, 9:29 am

Location: Box Three Five Oh, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Depending on dates those "Logan" hotels in Revere and points north can be 25-75% cheaper than anything near Faneuil Hall and the Waterfront. I'm looking forward to reports on the Yotel, opening soon, as a potentially lower priced waterfront property.
Old May 19, 17, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HH, MR elite. Fly mostly AA/WN/B6.
Originally Posted by Out of my Element View Post
Depending on dates those "Logan" hotels in Revere and points north can be 25-75% cheaper than anything near Faneuil Hall and the Waterfront.
Look at Hotel Tonight for distressed inventory in the city, and you might be surprised. Anyhow I'll gladly pay a modest premium to stay in Boston proper instead of Saugus, Lynn, etc.

Search this Thread