Wiki Posts
Search

Brattleboro to Bennington Drive?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Brattleboro to Bennington Drive?

Hello All,
I will be in NH next week (looks to be cold!) and was interested in driving over to Brattleboro and possibly Bennington. Was hoping someone familiar with the area could tell me whether the roads going there are easily driveable this time of year? It looks like there's a mountain between the two cities so not sure if the weather causes issues going over that.

Also, any quick tips for Brattleboro would be appreciated!

Thanks much!
Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
New Hampshire and Vermont do a great job of keeping their roads clear. In the heart of a storm it can be treacherous, but they get the roads clear very quickly once the storm ends.

The food in general in Brat is not spectacular. I've enjoyed the Blue Moose Bistro. Whetstone Station is decent (but not great) for a casual meal. Brattleburger is good for a better-than-fast-food burger and fries. Mocha Joe is the local coffee joint, and is decent. The Brattleboro Food Co-op has a great beer selection, decent wines, and a good selection of other local food and craft products.

In Putney, VT, the next town north of Brat, the Gleanery offers the best food I've found in the area, Hidden Springs Maple has a great selection of maple syrups of differing grades (which I believe you can sample before you buy), and the Putney Food Co-op, although much smaller than the Brat Food Co-op, is perhaps even funkier and more interesting. They also offer decent sandwiches to go or to eat at one of their couple of tables.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:19 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Agreed on the road, as long as it's not snow/sleet/freezing rain at the time you're actually making the drive, you should have zero trouble driving across Vermont (and in fact, assuming the weather cooperates, I highly recommend making the drive - some VERY scenic views throughout that route).
Old Mar 9, 2017, 5:19 am

It's a nice drive
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all so much for the replies and info! I'm looking forward to my first visit to VT now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.