Wiki Posts
Search

Luggage storage in Hartford?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Luggage storage in Hartford?

Hello. I am trying to obtain a visa at the Brazilian Consulate in Hartford. The tricky part is that I will arrive by bus right after an international flight with luggage. I emailed the consulate to see if they wouldn't mind me bringing it in, but I'm not hopeful. Is there any luggage storage in the downtown area?

If not, I can spend the previous night in a hotel and keep luggage there, though I'm trying not to.

Thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 6:50 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
A hotel might hold it for you anyway, for a small ($5?) fee
Old Dec 10, 2016, 8:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Typically in the US, any property which has a proper bell desk will simply hold luggage. This is a private arrangement between you and the bell desk and you should plan on a decent tip at drop off and then at pick up. $5 would be a bad joke.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Often1
Typically in the US, any property which has a proper bell desk will simply hold luggage. This is a private arrangement between you and the bell desk and you should plan on a decent tip at drop off and then at pick up. $5 would be a bad joke.
Very interesting. Am I right to assume any 3.5* and higher hotel has a bell desk? I believe some 3* hotels such as Holiday Inn has it too, but I'm not 100% sure. I guess it's safer to stick to the 3.5+* ones, especially if I have status.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Often1
At most hotels that have bell service, and at many that don't, you can store your luggage. I don't recall ever being asked if I were a guest of the hotel when doing so. A tip at drop off is not necessary, and unless we're talking about an unusually large amount of luggage, $5 at pickup is just fine.

I cannot imagine this would be a problem at the Hilton or the Marriott in downtown Hartford.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:04 pm
In memoriam

Programs: United
FYI, the Hartford Marriott is a five minute walk from the Brazilian Consulate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.