FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   New England (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-england-452/)
-   -   Another thread about BOS Airport - lounge and connecting terminals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-england/1795136-another-thread-about-bos-airport-lounge-connecting-terminals.html)

geoshina Oct 6, 2016 8:02 pm

Another thread about BOS Airport - lounge and connecting terminals

Hey guys,

On Dec 25h I'll be arriving at BOS from Tokyo with JAL. As far as I can see I'll be arriving at Terminal E.

Later on the same day I'll have a Jetblue flight to LAX.

The question I have is pretty much the same as the others on this forum, but I can see they are posted quite some time ago. So.. did anything change regarding connecting to different terminals at BOS?

I'll arrive at 05:00 pm. My Jetblue flight will leave around 09:00ish.

In this meantime I was looking for options to take a shower, but as far as I can see, the only lounge with shower available is the Admirals Club at terminal B. Am I still not able to enter a B terminal with a C flight ticket?

I can see that there's some kind of spa at Terminal C, but I don't think they have shower facilites there.

Do you guys have any idea what I can do? Maybe a hotel nearby?

Thanks in advance!

sbm12 Oct 6, 2016 8:37 pm

C and E are now connected air-side so that might help you out. I don't know if the lounges in E have showers but you will have physical access to them after re-clearing security for the JetBlue flight. The AF lounge might be an option via Priority Pass according to this post, but I have no idea if it has a shower.

PWMTrav Oct 7, 2016 11:32 am

Another option, depending on how bad you want a shower and how much you want to walk, is to call the Hilton attached by skybridge to Terminal A and see if you can work something out. Not sure if they have showers near the pool, or if they'd give you an hour in an unsold room.

geoshina Oct 7, 2016 5:16 pm

Thanks sbm12 and PWMTrav.

I've checked the AF lounge and I don't think they have one over there. I'll check the other lounges to see if any of them have one or offer a day pass.

I would really want a shower between two rather long flights (NRT-BOS and BOS-LAX).
Thanks for the options presented. I would not have thought about asking Hilton!

PWMTrav Oct 7, 2016 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by geoshina (Post 27317592)
Thanks sbm12 and PWMTrav.

I've checked the AF lounge and I don't think they have one over there. I'll check the other lounges to see if any of them have one or offer a day pass.

I would really want a shower between two rather long flights (NRT-BOS and BOS-LAX).
Thanks for the options presented. I would not have thought about asking Hilton!

I think the B30 Admiral's Club is the only one with showers in the entire airport. Not to be confused with the other Admirals club near B4. You can probably ask the airport on Twitter whether they'd let you clear security in a different terminal to get to the lounge, if you don't mind having to clear twice. A lot of the large US airports let you do it now. If so, the AA lounge will certainly sell you a day pass, but it may be cheaper to pick one up in advance.

The Hilton is connected to E and A, so potentially easy for you. If you have to recheck your luggage at C, it'll be easier to cut across the parking garage.

http://www.massport.com/logan-airpor...eractive-maps/

Walking directions:

http://www3.hilton.com/resources/med...tions-2013.pdf

Will you have to re-check your luggage at JetBlue's counter in Terminal C, or can you re-check luggage after customs at E? Since I live up here it occurs to me I've never connected at Logan.

Blumie Oct 11, 2016 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by PWMTrav (Post 27317697)
You can probably ask the airport on Twitter whether they'd let you clear security in a different terminal to get to the lounge, if you don't mind having to clear twice.

This is a TSA issue, not an airport issue. TSA rules only require that you have a same-day boarding pass, so this should not be a problem.

PWMTrav Oct 11, 2016 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Blumie (Post 27333367)
This is a TSA issue, not an airport issue. TSA rules only require that you have a same-day boarding pass, so this should not be a problem.

Yeah but the TSA has a lot of station-specific made up rules, even if that's not how it should be.

thedude052 Oct 21, 2016 10:37 am

I do it all the time. You can go to any terminal if you have a boarding pass out of boston. Sometimes they don't say anything. Sometimes they tell you your flight doesn't leave from that terminal. Just tell them you are going to the lounge.

Also, terminal E is now connected to terminal C airside.

bostontraveler Oct 25, 2016 1:29 pm

I would use the gym at the Hilton- it's very nice and easy to access-- way better than anything at the airport itself.

geoshina Oct 25, 2016 1:41 pm

Hey guys

Thank you very very much for all the information provided. I came here clueless and now I even have options to choose from! It just can't get better than this.

So thank you guys once again!

clazza Jun 16, 2017 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by bostontraveler (Post 27392127)
I would use the gym at the Hilton- it's very nice and easy to access-- way better than anything at the airport itself.

Has anyone tried this and knows how much they charge? I will be getting in around 10pm and leaving on a 6am flight the next day.

philemer Jun 17, 2017 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by clazza (Post 28452794)
Has anyone tried this and knows how much they charge? I will be getting in around 10pm and leaving on a 6am flight the next day.

Have you tried calling the Hilton?

Blumie Jun 18, 2017 3:49 am

Originally Posted by clazza (Post 28452794)

I just contacted them on facebook and was told that the gym is only open to guests of the hotel. I specifically asked if one could pay to use it and was told no.

clazza Jun 18, 2017 6:33 am

I emailed them asking for a stay of a few hours and they just replied saying no, citing "time sensitivity of rates and availability" etc

I will just go there and see what happens - maybe there will be some flexibility on the day. At the very least, I will try and get there before the restaurant closes, grab a bite to eat and hang out in the lobby until they kick me out

hlwoodcock Jul 5, 2017 10:01 am

Hi All - I think I know the answer to this, but I wanted to ask experienced BOS travelers...

Is there a way to connect to/from Terminal E and Terminal B without going through security (i.e., only airside)?

Thanks in advance!