Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

When to get to BOS for a 6am flight?

Old Sep 27, 16, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond

Got a 6am domestic flight with hand luggage on AA coming up.

Not going to be staying at the airport and public transport doesn't seem to start until well after 5am.

Would my best option be to grab a cab from say South Station or from where I'm staying? Staying about 5-10 mins walk from South Station.
Not sure if they are readily available at say 4am or so or if I need to book one should that be the only option.
Old Sep 27, 16, 8:21 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
What day of the week and do you have TSA Pre-Check?

If you have pre-check, if you are at the airport at 5am, you'll have more than enough time.
Old Sep 27, 16, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Even without pre-check 5am should be fine if you can get a mobile boarding pass beforehand.
Old Sep 27, 16, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond
Monday morning. Will have TSA Pre-Check next week after my Global Entry interview in London.
A mobile pass shouldn't be a problem although I do tend to like physical ones as I feel better with them and my phone has played up in the past!
Old Sep 28, 16, 8:33 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by xenole View Post
Monday morning.
5am is fine with pre-check, if you don't get it by then, give yourself an extra 20 minutes as Mondays are crazy at Logan.
Old Sep 28, 16, 1:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by xenole View Post
Would my best option be to grab a cab from say South Station or from where I'm staying? Staying about 5-10 mins walk from South Station.
Not sure if they are readily available at say 4am or so or if I need to book one should that be the only option.
You can definitely find cabs at South Station at all hours of the day. (The main taxi line is on the Atlantic Ave side of the station.) If you're staying at a hotel, they can also help you call a cab. If you're not staying at a hotel but at least have data on your phone/tablet or wifi access, you can call an Uber. With UberX, there is even a "schedule a ride" option now if you're worried about getting a car at a specific hour of the morning.
Old Oct 25, 16, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat (4m+), AF Platinum, A3 Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Plat
Just take an Uber. 1hr in advance is fine. No traffic at that time- 10min to the airport provided there isn't a) a blizzard or b) some late-night construction (thought that tends to be closer to 3/4am)

Search this Thread