Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
BOS Terminal B construction - airline consolidation project

Project Objectives
• Consolidate 3 Security Checkpoints into 1 Central Checkpoint
• Consolidate Ticketing into One Central Location
• Right-Size Outbound Bag MakeUp Devices
• Right-Size Inbound Claim Devices (2new)
• Accommodate 18 Contact Gate Positions (B4-B22) for American Airlines
• Right-Size Holdrooms at Gates B10-B14 and at Gates B20-B22
• Enhancements to Existing Holdrooms, Concessions Shell and
Public Areas

https://www.massport.com/capitalprog...tal%20Info.pdf

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/re...rovements.html

AA will give up 5 gates compared to current state. Southwest, which as 5 gates in A, will then move to terminal B.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: Independent
Can I say I hate checkpoint consolidation? All it does it create congestion and hold ups. When something goes wrong everything then gets held up, whereas separate checkpoints allow for flexibility and redundancy.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 6:05 am

Programs: AA: EXP/5.2mm
At present, American has seven gates on its pmAA side of terminal B -- B30 through B36.

If I read the article correctly:

1) AA will be vacating those seven gates and consolidatng entirely on the other side of the terminal (into the pmUS space, post-renovation).

2) Then, Southwest, which I believe presently has five gates in terminal A, will take five of the seven old AA gates.

This prompts two questions:

1) What will be done with the other two of the seven gates that AA will be relinquishing?

2) What will happen to the five gates in Terminal A that Southwest will be moving out of?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by lhl12
At present, American has seven gates on its pmAA side of terminal B -- B30 through B36.

If I read the article correctly:

1) AA will be vacating those seven gates and consolidatng entirely on the other side of the terminal (into the pmUS space, post-renovation).

2) Then, Southwest, which I believe presently has five gates in terminal A, will take five of the seven old AA gates.

This prompts two questions:

1) What will be done with the other two of the seven gates that AA will be relinquishing?

2) What will happen to the five gates in Terminal A that Southwest will be moving out of?
I don't know the answer to any of these, but I really hope that #2 is that Alaska and Virgin America move to those gates. Alaska used to be at the far end of A until they started renovating E - then Massport moved AS to C40-42, and is now moving VX there as well.

And for laughs, let's raise a question #3: If AA vacates the pmAA side of Terminal B, will they put showers in the pmUS Admirals Club? As it stands, the pmAA Admirals Club has the only showers in BOS.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 6:22 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
I don't know the answer to any of these, but I really hope that #2 is that Alaska and Virgin America move to those gates. Alaska used to be at the far end of A until they started renovating E - then Massport moved AS to C40-42, and is now moving VX there as well.

And for laughs, let's raise a question #3: If AA vacates the pmAA side of Terminal B, will they put showers in the pmUS Admirals Club? As it stands, the pmAA Admirals Club has the only showers in BOS.
Re: 3 - I sure hope that they take time to revamp that B4 lounge if AA is consolidating all operations to that side of the terminal. The B4 lounge has dated furniture, no food operations, a cramped bar area, a "sterile"-feeling environment, and of course no showers. (Can you tell I prefer the B30 lounge? )

And just for giggles, here's the discussion happening over in the AA forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...2017-18-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.