Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Best Way BOS rental car center to South Station

Old Aug 8, 16, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, Alaska

What's the quickest way to get on the Silver Line to South Station if you're starting at the BOS Rental Car Center?

I'm flying into BOS and renting a car. When I return the car at BOS I need to get to South Station to catch a train. I know I take the Silver Line (SL1) from the airport to South Station, but I don't think the Silver Line stops at the Rental Car Center.
Old Aug 9, 16, 6:06 am

First thing I'd do is find out if you can return your rental car to a city rental location. Several rental companies have locations very close to Back Bay station, and all trains from South Station also stop at Back Bay station. Dropping off downtown could save you a good half-hour.

Failing that, if you do return the rental to Logan, you'll need to take the #33 shuttle bus from the Rental Center. Get off at either Terminal C or E, then catch the Silver Line to South Station at the terminal where you got off the shuttle bus.
Old Aug 9, 16, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by wideman View Post
all trains from South Station also stop at Back Bay station.
True of all Amtrak trains I believe, but not of all MBTA commuter rail trains. Nonetheless, the suggestion of dropping off at a city location may make sense even if the OP needs to get to South Station.
Old Aug 18, 16, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by wideman View Post
Failing that, if you do return the rental to Logan, you'll need to take the #33 shuttle bus from the Rental Center. Get off at either Terminal C or E, then catch the Silver Line to South Station at the terminal where you got off the shuttle bus.
This. Just go to a terminal that the SL1 bus does stop and wait for it there.

More info on which bus routes go where within Logan here:

https://www.massport.com/logan-airpo...rport-shuttle/

Edit: I just noticed the original posting date is from 10 days ago. My apologies if I am late to the game :/

Last edited by tune4jack; Aug 18, 16 at 7:49 am
Old Sep 6, 16, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, Alaska
Thanks everyone. Shuttle bus-terminal-SL1-South Station worked great. Also free.

It would be nice if the SL1 stopped at the rental car center, but they probably don't want to encourage this sort of behavior.

Search this Thread