Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Water Taxi from Logan to the Intercontinental? A good idea or not?

Old Jun 6, 16, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb

Am taking my kids this summer (7&5 years) with me on a business trip to Boston and staying at the Intercon.

Thought it would be a cool idea to take the water taxi from the airport to the intercon. I've never taken the water taxi's before - but does anyone have any thoughts on this? Would it be an interesting ride for the kids? And does it actually stop right at the Intercon?

Any thoughts welcome.

In addition, we are there only for 2 days, so we're planning to do the whale watching trip with Boston Harbor Cruises and head up to the legoland discovery centre. Anything else we must absolutely squeeze in with the young kids?

Thank you!
Old Jun 7, 16, 6:56 am

Programs: American Airlines, Continental, United, Southwest, BA, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors, Hyatt
I think the water taxi is a great idea. The link to the map with the stops is here: http://www.bostonharborcruises.com/m...r-taxi_map.pdf and I think it is very short walk to the IC. Whale watches are great, but it does take up most of the day. If you have a short time, you might want to consider a shorter boat ride and do the Freedom Trail or take in a Red Sox game if they are in town. Kids like Faneuil Hall and the North End and also the swan boats in the public garden.
Old Jun 7, 16, 11:26 am

Programs: DL PM/1 MM, Bonvoy LTT
Agree that whale watches can take up most of the day and for young kids, they can be cold and boring as whale sightings may not happen or be infrequent. They can be exciting though, but I would consider the weather and attention span of your children before committing to that. If it is the idea of being on the water that interests you, you will get that with your trip from the Airport to the hotel. (I think this is a great option, by the way.) There are also harbor islands (e.g., Spectacle, St. George's) which you can hop to relatively quickly and cheaply. Not sure of targeted age range, but the Children's Museum is very close to your hotel. The Museum of Science is a bit dated, but if your kids like that kind of stuff, may also be something to check out, especially on a rainy day. You can also board for Duck Boat tours there.
Old Jun 7, 16, 10:38 pm

I think the water taxi would be fun, and fairly convenient. I second the recommendation of George's Island. The boat ride would be fun and there is lots to explore on the island.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: