Wiki Posts
Search

Best Decent Price for Transportation from Logan Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2016, 10:41 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
(I think we're going to take the Silver Line - bus, right? My husband and I are fighting over this - to South Station and then the red line one stop to ...I forget but we'll be at the Hyatt Regency downtown....) Thanks!!
You're correct that the Silver Line looks like a bus. For the purposes of transfers to other lines, they treat it like a subway line, but the actual vehicle is more like a bus than a subway.

For your entire ride from the airport to the hotel, you will not need a ticket as it is free to board the Silver Line at the airport, and transfers to other lines are also free.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by lo2e
You're correct that the Silver Line looks like a bus. For the purposes of transfers to other lines, they treat it like a subway line, but the actual vehicle is more like a bus than a subway.

For your entire ride from the airport to the hotel, you will not need a ticket as it is free to board the Silver Line at the airport, and transfers to other lines are also free.
Thanks. So we should just get our 7 day pass whenever we want to use the subway again, at that station? Can do. I think
Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:44 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
There are Charlie ticket machines at the airport, so if you
are planning on using your pass later that same day, it might
be easier to buy it there - no lines, no hurry.

Also, depending on where you're wanting to go, taking
the Massport bus to the blue line might make sense if
you're going to buy a pass anyhow.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
It's about a six block walk from South Station to the Hyatt...and keep in mind those are Boston blocks, which are decidedly shorter than NYC, DC, Chicago. If your luggage is small and/or easily wheeled, it's not a hard walk if you're up for it. I've frequently walked small/medium wheeled luggage between Downtown Crossing and South Station rather than take the Red Line one stop.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by octr202
It's about a six block walk from South Station to the Hyatt...and keep in mind those are Boston blocks, which are decidedly shorter than NYC, DC, Chicago. If your luggage is small and/or easily wheeled, it's not a hard walk if you're up for it.
Thanks! We'll be packing light - probably 22" rolling and a small backpack each. But I've been having foot problems lately so we'll just have to see how things are that day. Heaven knows we've hauled luggage over cobblestones & bridges, so 6 Boston blocks shouldn't be too bad, right? Weather is also a factor...
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
In that case, to minimize the walk, I'd use the Silver Line to South Station, then take the Red Line inbound one stop to Downtown Crossing. Try to be towards the back half of the train as the exit you want is most of the way back (towards South Station) at Downtown Crossing. That exit will bring you out near the corner of Summer and Arch/Chanucy Streets. There's also an elevator at that end.

The exits that will be near the front of an inbound train put you out near Washington & Summer Streets, further from the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.