FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   New England (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-england-452/)
-   -   Transfers at Boston (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-england/1754033-transfers-boston.html)

Lapeno Mar 19, 2016 9:49 am

Transfers at Boston

Hi all, I'm planning on flying into Boston Logan from Heathrow at the end of August, I have the choice of two connecting flights, both with JetBlue. One at 16:25 and the other at 20:55, I will be arriving at 12:18 (baring any delays of course) so which flight would you all recommend so I don't miss my connection?

Also if I take the later flight, is there anything I could do to kill the time before I fly?

Mauibaby2008 Mar 19, 2016 11:22 am

Transfers at Boston

You do not need 8 hours to transit Boston. However, there is free public transit from the airport to South Station. If you're interested in world class noodles, I would grab dinner at Wagamama- however- the first option is very sufficient amount of time to transit Boston.

Palal Mar 19, 2016 11:30 am

End of August - if you catch the later flight, you'll have plenty of time to enjoy the city between your arrival and departure of the late flight.

nit407 Mar 19, 2016 11:31 am

Thanks for the info about Wagamama. I didn't know they were there as well. Looking forward to my upcoming Boston trip.

edsh Mar 19, 2016 11:40 am

If the lines are long, you'll be out of customs by 1:30. If you need to recheck your bags, you'll need to change terminals from E to C which is walking distance - just follow the signs.

After that, you can decide how much time you've got left. The free bus to South Station (the last stop) is a great option (the return trip to the airport is not free, but a minimal $2 or $3). The bus takes 15 minutes. Walk from South Station to the Boston Commons if the weather is good and continue to Faneuil Hall. Make sure you've got a map or a phone with Google Maps on it. The streets in Boston don't go in straight lines and it's easy to become disoriented relying just on a sense of direction. Grab the subway (red line) back to South Station and connect to the airport bus (all included in the flat $2 or $3 fare).

Efrem Mar 19, 2016 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 (Post 26355559)
... If you're interested in world class noodles, I would grab dinner at Wagamama...

Nothing against Wagamama, but it's no different from Wagamama in London. (I've been to the one near Leicester Square.) Get clam chowder.

And welcome to FT!

Mauibaby2008 Mar 19, 2016 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Efrem (Post 26355774)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

... If you're interested in world class noodles, I would grab dinner at Wagamama...

Nothing against Wagamama, but it's no different from Wagamama in London. (I've been to the one near Leicester Square.) Get clam chowder.

And welcome to FT!

I've had Wagamama in Boston & Dubai, much much much better in Boston!

obscure2k Mar 19, 2016 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Lapeno (Post 26355192)
Hi all, I'm planning on flying into Boston Logan from Heathrow at the end of August, I have the choice of two connecting flights, both with JetBlue. One at 16:25 and the other at 20:55, I will be arriving at 12:18 (baring any delays of course) so which flight would you all recommend so I don't miss my connection?

Also if I take the later flight, is there anything I could do to kill the time before I fly?

Welcome to Flyertalk, Lapeno I am moving your thread to the New England Forum, where you will likely find more good advice re: your concerns about Transfers at Boston.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

LoganFlyer Mar 19, 2016 4:03 pm

4 hours is plenty of time to make the connection.

Blumie Mar 20, 2016 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer (Post 26356594)
4 hours is plenty of time to make the connection.

Agreed. Two hours is enough time, so four gives you a cushion for delays.
And as much as I like Wagamama, if you have time for one meal in Boston, don't go to Wagamama.

Blumie Mar 20, 2016 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by edsh (Post 26355608)
If you need to recheck your bags, you'll need to change terminals from E to C which is walking distance - just follow the signs.

Whether or not the OP needs to recheck bags, he'll need to transfer from Terminal E to Terminal C. I agree, however, the walking is the better way to go, rather than taking the shuttle bus. When you exit baggage claim, simply turn left and walk to the far end of the terminal, following the signs to the taxi queue. Exit the terminal as if going to the taxi queue, cross the street, and enter the next terminal. Then just keep walking straight until you see the signs for the Terminal C departure level.

Efrem Mar 21, 2016 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 (Post 26355949)
I've had Wagamama in Boston & Dubai, much much much better in Boston!

Perhaps, but the OP's coming from London. Try one there. Just as good.

Originally Posted by Blumie (Post 26360534)
... And as much as I like Wagamama, if you have time for one meal in Boston, don't go to Wagamama.

That's the point. If someone from Boston had one meal in London, I wouldn't recommend Wagamama there either.