Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uber in Boston, South Station

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Uber in Boston, South Station

Can I expect that Uber is generally reliable in Boston? Is there a designated or generally advised pickup spot at South Station? We'll be arriving by bus.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Yes, definitely reliable. Depending on the time of day you get in, surge can get pricy. The bus terminal is on Atlantic, and there are plenty of places for a car to pull over there. I'd just have them pick you up at the exit from the bus terminal.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 6:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

While I didn't use them at South Station, Uber was perfect for a 4:15am pickup at a hotel at Copley Sq going to BOS I had a few weeks ago.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 6:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
2-3 minutes maybe, unless it's the middle of the night, in which case it may take a couple of minutes extra.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 7:08 am

There is a staircase entrance to the bus station located on Atlantic Ave. South Station itself, an older "classic" architecture train station, attached to the newer bus station building, has an entrance on the next corner. Exiting the bus berths, you go down an escalator, and eventually down another, at the foot of which you can see the street. That's the Atlantic Ave entrance/exit. I note this because most people will be walking past it, then onto and past the commuter train platforms to get into South Station itself and the red line T subway station below it.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Is there a certain amount on the surge pricing where it becomes preferable to take a taxi? I use a credit card promo that gives 20% off Uber.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
if its above 1.7 taxi will save you $1-3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.