Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to Logan Term. B for UA lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Access to Logan Term. B for UA lounge

I will be in a Boston hotel and must check out at noon. My Swiss flight business class is not until 10:45 PM so I will be getting to Logan very early. The Swiss/Lufthansa lounge in Terminal E is spartan at best. I'd rather stay in the new United Lounge in Terminal B. Can I go through security at Terminal B with a Swiss boarding pass in order to use the new United Lounge for several hours?
I realize I will have to exit TB security and then go through security later in Terminal E but I only have a small carry-on bag so that is not a problem.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:39 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
I've not done this at Logan but have at several other airports.
There should be no problem.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:29 am

It could be an issue if you have bags to check (and they're too big for the security x-ray and/or have contain stuff that can only be in checked bags), as the SWISS check-in counter won't open until 6.30 or 7.00.

(The check-in counter will open much earlier after SWISS starts their 5.00pm BOS-ZRH flight in May, but OP appears to be traveling in mid-March.)
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Since I have only one very small rollaboard, the luggage is no problem but there seems to be a difference of opinion regarding whether or not I can get through security at Term. B with my Swiss boarding card. Actually the flight was booked on United using miles. I think that I will go to terminal B when I arrive the day prior to my Zurich flight and inquire with TSA before heading to downtown Boston.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 6:50 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Leave your bag at your hotel
Enjoy Boston
Pick up bag when you are ready to go to the airport
Go to airport and check in.

Why spend hours in an airport lounge when you can explore the city?
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:57 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Why spend hours in an airport lounge when you can explore the city?
Maybe OP has already had his/her fill of Boston? Or just doesn't enjoy exploring a city alone? Or perhaps has work to do and needs a comfortable place with wifi?

Re: question at hand. You shouldn't have a problem. Previously when WN was in Terminal E, I was able to use my WN boarding pass to get into Terminal B so I could take a couple calls in the Admirals Club before my flight. No problem using the Pre-Check line at B, then just heading back over to E for my flight later in the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.