Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Logan Terminal E in the morning

Old Nov 29, 15, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM

It's been a couple of years since I caught the morning BA flight to LHR, but my hazy memory is that the terminal is nearly empty at that time of day, so I got there much earlier than needed. Doing the same flight in a couple of days. Anyone else have any experience with Terminal E around 7 AM? Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 15, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer View Post
It's been a couple of years since I caught the morning BA flight to LHR, but my hazy memory is that the terminal is nearly empty at that time of day, so I got there much earlier than needed. Doing the same flight in a couple of days. Anyone else have any experience with Terminal E around 7 AM? Thanks!
I'd say you can expect the same.
Old Nov 29, 15, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Yahtzee View Post
I'd say you can expect the same.
Agreed. Porter is still there, but their planes are small. Definately a quiet time at E.
Old Dec 2, 15, 10:51 am

Might as well not start a new thread for it, how does E look between 3 and 5pm? I think I'm going to take the Alitalia BOS-FCO flight this Friday, and I was a little surprised it left at 5:30. I'm used to later evening departures flying AF.

Has the AF contract lounge improved at all?
Old Dec 5, 15, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Can't answer the immediate question, sorry.

But will comment that there is now a morning Copa flight that had a bit of line at security, but it was not bad.

Returning, hitting immigration at 10 PM was wonderful! No line at all.
Old Dec 8, 15, 12:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by PWMTrav View Post
Not quite sure how to answer this, but I guess it's "medium" busy? (Not as much of as mad house as when all the late evening flights are departing, but there certainly is a little bit of a queue at security.)

Not in the last few years. Still usual seating area, wine/liquor/beer station, buffet with soups, a hot dish, and a selection of cold sandwiches, salads, fruits, desserts.
Old Dec 11, 15, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
It's a pretty crummy lounge as international lounges go.
Old Dec 15, 15, 5:55 am

Just reporting in -

Terminal E is not very busy at ~4pm ahead of the 5:30 Alitalia departure. I didn't go to the AF lounge since we didn't have a ton of time, so I can't say much there.
Old Jan 1, 16, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA, WN, B6 & UA (Not my fault I live near a fortress hub.)
I guess keeping on topic how is E at about 01:30 for the CX departure? I am sure it is dead but are shops open?
Old Jan 3, 16, 11:01 am

Am flying out in a few days at about that time. Will try to let you know (if I have internet).
Old Jan 3, 16, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by IAD_flyer View Post
I guess keeping on topic how is E at about 01:30 for the CX departure? I am sure it is dead but are shops open?
The shops certainly are nothing to get excited about.
Old Jan 3, 16, 11:46 am

Terminal E is pretty lame, isn't it? For all of the international expansion BOS is seeing, you'd think we'd have a nicer terminal or something. Then again, I'm not sure that I care as long as the flights keep coming.
Old Jan 3, 16, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

International arrivals in E is rather dismal indeed. Very limited options in the terminal to get a coffee or a quick bite. Does not look like a major international terminal, though indeed the flights are increasing. Agreed, though, that's what really matters to me.
Old Mar 3, 16, 2:02 pm

I have a Logan Terminal E arrival on BA flight

I am flying in from Dubai to Boston on BA, my final destination is CLE
that Jet Blue flight is from Terminal C I am told luggage couldn't be transfered to the Jet Blue flight and I need to get the luggage take it to Ter.C and recheck in , does this sound right ? Don't think I have had this problem before.
Old Mar 3, 16, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Yes, that is right. At Terminal E you'll have to clear Immigration, then collect your luggage, then get over to Terminal C. Its all fairly straightforward. You can walk to Terminal C (see maps at the airport, you basically walk across the car park) or take the shuttle bus. Then check your luggage with Jet Blue and on your way.

Safe travels!!

Search this Thread