Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

BOS airport logistic question

Old Nov 2, 15, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

i will be landing in bos in terminal A (no checked luggage) on southwest. i will have to wait at airport for a while for my family to pick me up.

i would like to spend that while at the boston admirals club in terminal b.

1. is there a way to get there without going through security?
2. if no, can i get into terminal b with my same day ARRIVAL ticket and admirals club card?
3. if double no, any suggestions?

thanks!
cb
Old Nov 2, 15, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM, MR LT Plat Premier
1. No. There is no airside connection from terminal A to terminal B.
2. I'm pretty sure the answer is no. You can only get through security with a same day departing boarding pass, not just an arriving one.
3. How long do you need to wait? You can take the Blue Line to the Aquarium stop and check out the Aquarium, Fanueil Hall, and/or the North End, only about 10 minutes away from Logan. Or you can buy a refundable AA ticket for a flight that day and refund it after you get through security.
Old Nov 2, 15, 8:10 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Call Admirals Club meeting services and request a gate pass at BOS for your day of travel. They'll book you on a 91xx flight and you can pick up the boarding pass from a kiosk or agent, which will allow you to get through security at terminal B.
Old Nov 3, 15, 11:07 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA Silver, AS & AA GM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by adambrock View Post
Call Admirals Club meeting services and request a gate pass at BOS for your day of travel. They'll book you on a 91xx flight and you can pick up the boarding pass from a kiosk or agent, which will allow you to get through security at terminal B.
+1 this is going to be your best bet, because you definitely won't get through security w/o a boarding pass for a flight departing Boston.
Old Nov 3, 15, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
AA will issue you the gate pass without any serious hassle, so long as you've got your AC card to show.

Your inbound WN BP won't work because it's not for BOS departure.
Old Dec 7, 15, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

a follow up. i am NOT an admirals club member. i have a day pass. i called the number listed in this thread and they said that to get the 91XX pass, i'd have to be a member.

any other suggestions other than to buy a refundable ticket and then later cancel it....which i'd hate to do!
Old Dec 7, 15, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Just go to the AA counter and ask. They may want to see your day pass.
Old Dec 7, 15, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Just go to the AA counter and ask. They may want to see your day pass.
you mean go to the ticketing counter outside of security and ask them?? i didn't think they had anything to do with the admiral's clubs. my whole crux is getting into the american terminal in boston having landed in the southwest terminal.

thanks for your help and suggestions,
cb
Old May 15, 16, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Le Club Accor Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Hertz PC
Digging this thread up...I have a 45-minute connection between a UA flight (EWR-BOS) and a PenAir flight (BOS-BHB). I believe they are in the same terminal (B)...do folks think this is enough time?
Old May 15, 16, 6:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 View Post
Digging this thread up...I have a 45-minute connection between a UA flight (EWR-BOS) and a PenAir flight (BOS-BHB). I believe they are in the same terminal (B)...do folks think this is enough time?
Assuming your inbound flight isn't delayed, you should be just fine. You're correct that your flights are in the same terminal, and your transfer can be done all airside.

United uses gates B20-29, which is near the "center" of the terminal. Your PenAir flight should leave out of B9, which is a 7-10 minute walk away.

Search this Thread