Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

yes, another BOS question about terminal access

Old Dec 22, 14, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

with a same day boarding pass, has anyone had any luck accessing a terminal in BOS that they are NOT flying out of? i.e. if you're flying southwest, but you want to access terminal B so you can go to united lounge? is it strictly prohibited or possibly possible? i've asked a similar question, and the only advice was to buy a refundable ticket. but i would like to avoid this option....

thanks,
rh
Old Dec 23, 14, 6:19 am

Other issues aside, the physical layout of Logan might make this less practical/convenient. Terminal A is a separate building, distant from the others. Terminal B is also a separate building, with separate parking. There is a bus that circles, passing the terminals and going on to the T stop.
Map of the airport:
http://www.massport.com/logan-airpor...eractive-maps/
Old Dec 23, 14, 6:23 am
Original Poster

thanks. practicality aside, is it possible?

appreciate the reply,
cb!
Old Dec 23, 14, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
I've tried to research this issue too but have not had any luck. I couldn't find anything on the TSA website that said you could not do it, but I do wonder if in practice they would let you. It's worth a try.
Old Dec 23, 14, 6:47 am

You can definitely do it. I've done it before several times.
Old Dec 23, 14, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HH, MR elite. Fly mostly AA/WN/B6.
It is up to the whim of the TSA officer. At another airport (BWI) I was granted access to a concourse I was not departing from in order to have lunch with a friend who was. I did have a same-day ticket, but on a different airline using the other side of the airport. The TSO was in a good mood, though, and it wasn't busy. A different TSO might rule you can only visit the concourse, terminal, etc. your departure goes from.
Old Dec 24, 14, 2:07 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I was there last Sunday. Flying out of Terminal E, but wanted to visit the Johnston & Murphy store beyond security in Terminal B. The two "boarding pass checkers" (not the TSA, just those at the beginning of the queue) said I indeed could access Terminal B with my boarding pass for a flight out of Terminal E.

As I had not yet checked in at E, I gave it a pass. Also, did not approach the TSA with the same question, but my experience seems to be in line with those of others on this string. YMMV.
Old Mar 30, 15, 12:47 am

Ooops

Search this Thread