Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Transfer between Terminals E and B at BOS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer between Terminals E and B at BOS?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2022, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by octr202
Just for kicks, I measured (in Google Maps, so not 100% accurate as it doesn't reflect all of the recent changes) the post-security walking distance from roughly the Terminal E main checkpoint, to the center of the AA side of terminal B (roughly where the main AA side checkpoint would deposit you. It's about 1.1 miles!

On the plus side, if you're someone like me who likes to get some walking in before a long time sitting, you've no doubt got close to 2 miles of concourses and corridors available, with more to come when E expands again. The 1.1 miles doesn't count going out the smaller piers like the two halves of C or the WN/AS section of B.
That’s great info!

It’s worth noting, for those crazy enough to want to visit Terminal E before a flight in Terminal B (remember that the Terminal B AA Admirals Club, for those of us with access, is more than adequate), that if you have your boarding pass and no checked luggage you can clear security in Terminal E (although possibly without pre-check) or in Terminal C (with pre-check) to make the trek shorter. And for those of us with Clear, you can clear Clear on the UA side of Terminal B, which again will make the walk slightly shorter.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 4:48 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
There IS PreCheck in E, but it's only open 3PM to 8PM, and only at the *side* checkpoint (not the main one) that's in between Terminals C and E (that side checkpoint dumps you out near gate E1). If you go through the main checkpoint, they will give you a laminated card for PreCheck Lite.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by diburning
There IS PreCheck in E, but it's only open 3PM to 8PM, and only at the *side* checkpoint (not the main one) that's in between Terminals C and E (that side checkpoint dumps you out near gate E1). If you go through the main checkpoint, they will give you a laminated card for PreCheck Lite.
I think that's slightly out of date and the main E checkpoint now has full PreCheck as well — passed through last month at ~4pm and had it, and multiple other reports in the DL forum too
Old Sep 19, 2022, 11:56 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by truncated
I think that's slightly out of date and the main E checkpoint now has full PreCheck as well — passed through last month at ~4pm and had it, and multiple other reports in the DL forum too
I was going by the TSA's own website which lists the checkpoint and the hours that precheck is open. So, I blame the TSA!
Old Sep 25, 2022, 9:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Blumie
That’s great info!

It’s worth noting, for those crazy enough to want to visit Terminal E before a flight in Terminal B (remember that the Terminal B AA Admirals Club, for those of us with access, is more than adequate), that if you have your boarding pass and no checked luggage you can clear security in Terminal E (although possibly without pre-check) or in Terminal C (with pre-check) to make the trek shorter. And for those of us with Clear, you can clear Clear on the UA side of Terminal B, which again will make the walk slightly shorter.
So Blumie there really is CLEAR in Terminal B? Logan's website says there is, but when entering Terminal B for AA near gates B4 and the Admirals Club, there is no CLEAR. If I enter Terminal B on the other side of the U-shaped driveway that leads to the higher number gates (B30 and up), there will be CLEAR there?
Old Sep 26, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Originally Posted by Graciecatt
So Blumie there really is CLEAR in Terminal B? Logan's website says there is, but when entering Terminal B for AA near gates B4 and the Admirals Club, there is no CLEAR. If I enter Terminal B on the other side of the U-shaped driveway that leads to the higher number gates (B30 and up), there will be CLEAR there?
Yes. It is on the UA side of the terminal (gates 28-40), not on the AA side. And there are two separate entrance -- one for precheck (should be around door B210) and one for regular (should be around door B208). If you're flying out of the lower-numbered gates you'll have to walk back around once airside. It's probably a 3-5-minute walk to get to around B16 or so, depending on how fast you walk.
Graciecatt likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
Yes. It is on the UA side of the terminal (gates 28-40), not on the AA side. And there are two separate entrance -- one for precheck (should be around door B210) and one for regular (should be around door B208). If you're flying out of the lower-numbered gates you'll have to walk back around once airside. It's probably a 3-5-minute walk to get to around B16 or so, depending on how fast you walk.
I was flying AA yesterday and cleared pre-check very quickly. There was no reason to walk across the garage to Clear. Of course that may not always be the case.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Originally Posted by Blumie
I was flying AA yesterday and cleared pre-check very quickly. There was no reason to walk across the garage to Clear. Of course that may not always be the case.
I agree completely. But if you're walking over from central parking, maybe it's a wash in terms of the walk? Not sure -- haven't tried it myself yet.

Plus, I just realized that the B/C connector is on that side of terminal B also, so you could theoretically use Clear in B and then walk over to C. Again, not sure if it's worth the time, but I guess it depends on how crowded security at C is.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
I agree completely. But if you're walking over from central parking, maybe it's a wash in terms of the walk? Not sure -- haven't tried it myself yet.

Plus, I just realized that the B/C connector is on that side of terminal B also, so you could theoretically use Clear in B and then walk over to C. Again, not sure if it's worth the time, but I guess it depends on how crowded security at C is.
Good point. Honestly if I were flying B6, and maybe also anyone out of Terminal E, I’d probably go straight to Clear in Terminal B. The walk’s not that bad, and one is assured to moving to the front of the line.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Thank you Blumie and sxpsxpsxp . There was an unexpectedly long line at PreCheck on the AA side last Monday when I went through which prompted my question. I know it depends on the day for sure, but next AA flight I'm meeting a friend at Stephanie's for Priority Pass breakfast so I think I'll go in on the UA side and go through CLEAR.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: EB Diamond (SK*G), Accor Platinum
Hey there! Now I know that E and B are connected and that might give me a chance to visit the Lufthansa lounge there. But I also heard that we will be on landside after US custom... then does it mean that I need to check things again and go through the security if I wanna transit to the flight on terminal B? Or is it possible to stay on airside after US custom check and directly go to Terminal B? Thanks!!
Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
If you're arriving at BOS on an international flight and clearing customs at Logan, then no, you'll be dumped out landside in Terminal E. With the new post-security terminal connections, provided you have your onward boarding pass (i.e., don't need to check in with your next airline in Terminal B) you could certainly choose to clear security at Terminal E - just go back upstairs. However, keep in mind that once you leave the lounge in E it's a good 15+ minute walk to B. Also depends on who you're connecting to in B - you'll reach WN and AS first in B (coming from C), then UA, and AA and AC are all the way around...more like 20+ minutes to reach AA or AC.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:08 pm

Thanks for the reply! So that means I still have to go through the security once more but I could choose either Terminal E or B (Still a bit sad about the policy )! I am flying LH from FRA to BOS and UA BOS-EWR later. Not pretty sure if the LH lounge there is worth it since I barely see reviews.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by LaziestRaccoon
Thanks for the reply! So that means I still have to go through the security once more but I could choose either Terminal E or B (Still a bit sad about the policy )! I am flying LH from FRA to BOS and UA BOS-EWR later. Not pretty sure if the LH lounge there is worth it since I barely see reviews.
Lounge has nice views but can get very crowded, and the food is so so. But free food and drink are free food and drink!
Old Oct 4, 2022, 3:13 pm

Hey! My connecting flight is UA so I can also try United Club there in B but I am not sure if it's clever enough to skip LH lounge :P.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.