Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Transfer between Terminals E and B at BOS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer between Terminals E and B at BOS?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:59 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Efrem
Any international flight* on any airline that uses Terminal B will return you to Terminal E because that's where the customs and immigration folks hang out. Got a couple of days for the transfer?

Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by VidaNaPraia
Habitrail tubes about describes them ( but hamsters/gerbils probably get better treatment in general :-). And better have a lot of stamina, a lot of time, and very little luggage.
-----
From the diagram above, I must have driven right past the new pedestrian connector at Terminal B, and not noticed.
It's a very easy walk. Probably about 20 minutes at a relatively leisurely pace. So if you have the time and can handle your luggage either on your own or using a cart, it's not a big deal. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think a 20-minute walk (with no hills) takes "a lot of stamina."
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Blumie
It's a very easy walk. Probably about 20 minutes at a relatively leisurely pace. So if you have the time and can handle your luggage either on your own or using a cart, it's not a big deal. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think a 20-minute walk (with no hills) takes "a lot of stamina."
This is what I ended up doing.

Many thanks for all the helpful responses.

Having never flown Southwest before the US/WN connection option sounded interesting but had to be discarded for lack of time!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:54 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think a 20-minute walk (with no hills) takes "a lot of stamina."
So just assume that every flyer is just like you? Same age, gender, and fitness level? Sorry you don't seem to have any empathy. Shoving a cart full of luggage or pulling a large bag with another on top for 20 minutes does indeed take stamina for some and is not the usual expectation of airport travel these days.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:29 pm

So just assume that every flyer is just like you? Same age, gender, and fitness level? Sorry you don't seem to have any empathy. Shoving a cart full of luggage or pulling a large bag with another on top for 20 minutes does indeed take stamina for some and is not the usual expectation of airport travel these days.
I'm not getting into the argument of whether it's reasonable, but if you look at some of the busiest airports - JFK, LAX, ATL, etc, and see some of the inter-terminal walks required (or even just the hikes to the shuttle), I will suggest that it is the expectation from the airport's perspective.

I don't like doing it, though. I carried a car seat on my back from the A garage to the AS checkin counter at BOS and I did not like the walk through the hamster tubes one bit. I have since acquired wheels for said seat.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure why you're being so argumentative. A 20-minute walk is a 20-minute walk. For me, and I think (hope) for a lot of other people, that doesn't require a lot of stamina. You're right that for others it does. So maybe they should choose a different option. Should we argue about it some more?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:34 pm

Oh please. Blumie simply said if you can handle your luggage the walk isn't a big deal and that for him/her a 20 minute walk on flat surfaces is not a big deal. For some people walking to their mailbox takes great stamina. That doesn't mean that every distance walk needs to be described as potentially strenuous.

Nothing in the post suggests that he/she thinks everyone is just like them and that he has no empathy.

And lots of airports require lengthy walks, especially if parking lots are concerned.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Sorry you don't seem to have any empathy. Shoving a cart full of luggage or pulling a large bag with another on top for 20 minutes does indeed take stamina for some and is not the usual expectation of airport travel these days.
With great respect, this is not about empathy, it's about reality, and preparing for it. In fact such long walks are the usual expectation of airport travel these days. You routinely walk a half mile or more between alighting from ground transportation and the door of your aircraft. A 20-minute walk, landside, airside, or combined, is not unusual.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 12:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BearX220
As I alluded to above, you can walk among any of the terminals, and to the Hilton, via the central parking structure and connected Habitrail tubes but that is not much help to the OP who wanted to go E --> B airside.
Sorry to bump the thread which is a few months old, but I have a quick question after reading it. I am doing a US (B) to BA (E) connection next year. I get the bit that there is no airside route, but is it quicker to us the internal landside walkways and walk via C to get to E, or walk through the central parking garage, or to get one of the shuttle buses (probably 11)? Thanks.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by KARFA
Sorry to bump the thread which is a few months old, but I have a quick question after reading it. I am doing a US (B) to BA (E) connection next year. I get the bit that there is no airside route, but is it quicker to us the internal landside walkways and walk via C to get to E, or walk through the central parking garage, or to get one of the shuttle buses (probably 11)? Thanks.
Quickest transit: probably a tossup between waiting for the landside inter-terminal shuttle bus and hiking through the central garage -- the former option obviously easier. The longest option would be the terminal tour B-->C-->E. While B and C are reasonably close, C and E are a fair distance apart.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by BearX220
Quickest transit: probably a tossup between waiting for the landside inter-terminal shuttle bus and hiking through the central garage -- the former option obviously easier. The longest option would be the terminal tour B-->C-->E. While B and C are reasonably close, C and E are a fair distance apart.
Many thanks BearX220 ^

That's exactly what I wanted to know, I couldn't really tell from the terminal maps how long a walk the B->C->E walk really was. Looks like the bus or the parking garage then.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA
Many thanks BearX220 ^

That's exactly what I wanted to know, I couldn't really tell from the terminal maps how long a walk the B->C->E walk really was. Looks like the bus or the parking garage then.
From the US side of Terminal B, I think the best routing is to walk to Terminal A, then it's a straight shot through the parking garage to Terminal E. I would always do this over the bus since I'm too impatient to wait for the bus and know my way well. If you're not familiar with the route though, the bus might be a better bet (and likely will be quicker).
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:21 am

From the US side of Terminal B, I think the best routing is to walk to Terminal A, then it's a straight shot through the parking garage to Terminal E. I would always do this over the bus since I'm too impatient to wait for the bus and know my way well. If you're not familiar with the route though, the bus might be a better bet (and likely will be quicker).
Thanks for the advice Blumie.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
I've never walked from B to C, but the walk from C (baggage claim level) to E is about 10 minutes at an average pace. Almost all inside through the old Terminal D area and well marked.

I measured it out in Google Maps - looks like going from B/US side to A, then across the garage walkways, versus crossing the B garage to the B-AA side, then going through terminal C to E both work out to about 3500' (give or take some added distance going up and down between levels or to find doors).
Old Nov 24, 2014, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by octr202
I've never walked from B to C, but the walk from C (baggage claim level) to E is about 10 minutes at an average pace. Almost all inside through the old Terminal D area and well marked.

I measured it out in Google Maps - looks like going from B/US side to A, then across the garage walkways, versus crossing the B garage to the B-AA side, then going through terminal C to E both work out to about 3500' (give or take some added distance going up and down between levels or to find doors).
Thanks octr202. I think I will make a decision nearer the time, but I quite fancy a brisk walk rather than being on a bus after a flight from PHX and before getting on another long flight to LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.