Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Great kid friendly NE destination?

Old Jun 6, 2013, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum

Looking for a kid friendly (ages 1,2,15) destination within a few hours of Springfield, MA area. Ideally looking for hotel with pools, watersides, etc. near the beach and some walkable shops would also be good.
And wold be GREAT to use some of these points with: SPG, PC, Marriott, of Hyatt.

Grateful for any recommendations
Old Jun 6, 2013, 9:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Near the beach from Springfield? Well, yes, it will be a few hours away. Every beach is child friendly when they can build sand castles, throw frisbees, fly a kite, swim....

Old Orchard Beach in southern Maine may have that boardwalk, taffy-centered beach with the amenities like motels with pools & water slides you want.

Last edited by Analise; Jun 6, 2013 at 9:22 pm
Old Jun 7, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
I'm not sure what you're exact priorities are, but there are not a lot of hotels/areas with waterparks in NE. However, there is the Red Jacket Inn in North Conway which would fill most of your requirements, but obviously lacks the beach and may be too far.

http://www.redjacketresorts.com/moun...iew-resort.php

Or if you want the beach:
http://www.redjacketresorts.com/red-...ach-resort.php

Cheers.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum
Originally Posted by Analise
Near the beach from Springfield? Well, yes, it will be a few hours away. Every beach is child friendly when they can build sand castles, throw frisbees, fly a kite, swim....

Old Orchard Beach in southern Maine may have that boardwalk, taffy-centered beach with the amenities like motels with pools & water slides you want.
Old orchard is a consideration. Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PWMFlyer19
I'm not sure what you're exact priorities are, but there are not a lot of hotels/areas with waterparks in NE. However, there is the Red Jacket Inn in North Conway which would fill most of your requirements, but obviously lacks the beach and may be too far.

http://www.redjacketresorts.com/moun...iew-resort.php

Or if you want the beach:
http://www.redjacketresorts.com/red-...ach-resort.php

Cheers.

Hadn't heard of this one.. Another to consider, thanks!!
Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:43 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
There was a thread recently about beach-front resorts that fall under one of the frequent stay plans, and if I remember correctly, there aren't a huge amount of them. Trying to find the thread as we speak!

Edit to add: Found it! It's not as recent as I thought (2011), but I hope it's helpful: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-e...w-england.html

Last edited by lo2e; Jun 7, 2013 at 12:50 pm
Old Jun 7, 2013, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lo2e
There was a thread recently about beach-front resorts that fall under one of the frequent stay plans, and if I remember correctly, there aren't a huge amount of them. Trying to find the thread as we speak!

Edit to add: Found it! It's not as recent as I thought (2011), but I hope it's helpful: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-e...w-england.html
Some good info, thanks!
Old Jun 9, 2013, 10:28 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Consider Mystic, while not resorts, you have the seaport and the aquarium and you can easily get to the nice beaches in Rhode Island.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 4:33 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, HH Gold, MR Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
CoCo Key indoor water park in Danvers is aligned with Hilton. Looks small but I have no experience with water parks. Near north shore beaches including Crane's in Ipswich and Wingaersheek in Gloucester.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 4:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
Check out Lake Compounce in Bristol CT. some roasters, other rides and a water park too Ramada or Radisson in town. Marriott not far away in Farmington. Lots of history in the area too
Old Jun 22, 2013, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLgrr
Check out Lake Compounce in Bristol CT. some roasters, other rides and a water park too Ramada or Radisson in town. Marriott not far away in Farmington. Lots of history in the area too
We're actually close to 6 flags, looking for a change from this toe if thing. Thanks though
Old Jun 23, 2013, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by cordelli
Consider Mystic, while not resorts, you have the seaport and the aquarium and you can easily get to the nice beaches in Rhode Island.
and you can use your Marriott points at the Mystic Marriott (which is actually in Groton). We live in the area and there are tons of things to do with kids. It's under 2 hours to Springfield on a good day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.