Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston/Logan connection question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2017, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Blumie
Exactly. To catch the shuttle to LGA.

Whoa, when you say 60 minutes I assume you mean 60 minutes before departure time, not 60 minutes travel time. Walking from either of the AA clubs -- and I personally like the one near B30 better than the one near B4 (the "pmUS" club) -- and clearing precheck at Terminal A should take 20 minutes. To get to the remote A gates adds maybe 10 minutes. So as I noted upthread, I would leave the club 60 minutes before flight time. Those who prefer to walk on the plane just before the door closes could leave even later.
Sorry that it wasn't clear - that's what I meant, before departure. It won't take an hour in travel time. The pmAA club is better, but the pmUS club is closer, so if I bother at all it's that one.

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Thank guys, not too sure why DL gate we will be departing from, will be driving down from Portland.ME wanted to give us at least 2 hours lead time at the airport. Has anyone been to the Priority pass lounges? any good?\
The PP lounges are in C and E. I wouldn't bother with any of them - nothing special, I only go if it's convenient airside and wouldn't reclear security for them. Actually, I wouldn't bother with the AA lounges either if I had to reclear security, but that's just me. The only decent domestic lounge at BOS is the Skyclub, and even it's just alright.

I go to BOS from Portland frequently. I try to arrive 90 minutes before flight time and just go right to the gate.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Sorry that it wasn't clear - that's what I meant, before departure. It won't take an hour in travel time. The pmAA club is better, but the pmUS club is closer, so if I bother at all it's that one.

The PP lounges are in C and E. I wouldn't bother with any of them - nothing special, I only go if it's convenient airside and wouldn't reclear security for them. Actually, I wouldn't bother with the AA lounges either if I had to reclear security, but that's just me. The only decent domestic lounge at BOS is the Skyclub, and even it's just alright.

I go to BOS from Portland frequently. I try to arrive 90 minutes before flight time and just go right to the gate.
TY
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
The pmAA club is better, but the pmUS club is closer, so if I bother at all it's that one.
I'd be surprised if the difference in walking time is more than three minutes, and it may be less. From the pmAA club, you can walk in the direction of Terminal C, and there's a skybridge that cuts over to Terminal A.
PWMTrav likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

I'd be surprised if the difference in walking time is more than three minutes, and it may be less. From the pmAA club, you can walk in the direction of Terminal C, and there's a skybridge that cuts over to Terminal A.
So you don't have to leave airside going from Terminal C to A?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You never actually get to Terminal C -- you just walk in that direction -- but you do have to go landslide. Terminal A is not connected airside to any other terminal. In fact the only terminals connected airside are C and E.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:03 pm

Hmm, I'll give it a try next time then. For whatever reason I had it in my head that it was far away, but I think you're right - landside it's really just across the parking lot between the two ends of B.

You won't be in C at all, but just to clarify, you will be reclearing security. Only C and E are connected airside. Delta is in Terminal A, and the AA clubs are in B, with no airside connection.

I know this is about whether you can get to the lounges, but if you're traveling Delta out of A, I would strongly suggest skipping that and going to Legal Test Kitchen in the main part of A terminal right behind security. Legal Seafoods at BOS is pretty representative of their city restaurants, and IMHO, the one in A is the best of the bunch at the airport. I'm at BOS fairly frequently and outside of stopping at The Club recently in E to see how it was shaping up, can't tell you the last time I visited a lounge. Only telling you this so that you don't feel like you're missing out if you decide to skip it
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:47 pm

Years ago you used to be able to walk outside on the sidewalk, though I'm not sure you can anymore. When you exit the United Club, turn right out of the club, the gate numbers will be descending. Just after you pass B15, bear right and exit the secured area. Do not go down to baggage claim, but instead go straight past all of the ticket counters. At the very end of the corridor, near the Starbucks, exit the terminal onto the sidewalk and turn left. You will be heading directly towards Terminal A. If you still are able to walk outside to Terminal A -- again, once upon a time this was possible, but for some reason I think it no longer is -- just follow the roadway, staying to the left as it curves around to Terminal A. But even if not, after exiting Terminal B, walk 100 feet and there will be an entrance to an escalator vestibule where you can take an escalator up towards Central Parking (the signage may indicate Terminal A as well, but I'm not sure). At the top of the escalator, take your first left which will take you to an escalator leading down to Terminal A.
I just mindlessly followed your brilliant directions, and I got from UA Club to terminal A security in 10 minutes. Thank you so much again!!!

Security at A was 10+ minutes, even with Pre. So leaving UA Club an hour before departure was a sound advice.

There's just a small portion or the road, ~50meters or less, where there's no sidewalk. But the walkway right above takes place of that, so you're really just following the road without any detour other than the additional time needed to simply ascend and descend on the escalators.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:50 pm

I know this is about whether you can get to the lounges, but if you're traveling Delta out of A, I would strongly suggest skipping that and going to Legal Test Kitchen in the main part of A terminal right behind security. Legal Seafoods at BOS is pretty representative of their city restaurants, and IMHO, the one in A is the best of the bunch at the airport.
I got take-away at that Legal in A. I was gonna get it to go anyways, but I don't think I could've eaten in because it was jampacked inside. I agree that Legal is awesome. However, the airport menu seems to be limited in selection (eg, no lobster bisque).
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn
I got take-away at that Legal in A. I was gonna get it to go anyways, but I don't think I could've eaten in because it was jampacked inside. I agree that Legal is awesome. However, the airport menu seems to be limited in selection (eg, no lobster bisque).
Yup, that's true - the various airport locations have a few different menus as well. Recently, the one in the B connector, that has a more limited menu, has a red chowder that the others generally don't offer, etc. FWIW, I'm pretty sure I have seen the bisque on the menu at the airport before, but not recently. I bet there's an issue with space to hold it hot, or it breaking down given it's a bisque. They sell a ton of chowder, so they probably need to hold a ton of that already.

We've got a lot of options for seafood up here, but I really admire that Legal makes an effort to serve decent food in the airport. They've been doing it since the mid 90's when you could get away with far worse, too. Probably the only chain we visit with any kind of regularity.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree that Legal is awesome.
I agree that Legal is almost certainly the best option at Logan, and were I looking to eat at Logan that's where I'd go.

When you make it to Boston proper, consider doing more research before opting to eat there. Unfortunately it's just not what it once was and Boston now has much better options.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:14 am

When you make it to Boston proper, consider doing more research before opting to eat there. Unfortunately it's just not what it once was and Boston now has much better options.
It also seems to me that Legal quality varies from location to location. I used to live in Boston and have been to locations at MIT, Copley, Prudential, Park Plaza, Braintree, Burlington, Natick and Chestnut Hill. Always felt that the first four were hit and miss, whereas Natick and Chestnut Hill were always excellent. By the end, I only was going to those two locations. I tried the ones at Logan and Copley this time around. The Copley one was again disappointing. Couldn't tell if the prawn was not fresh or overbaked or both.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It also seems to me that Legal quality varies from location to location. I used to live in Boston and have been to locations at MIT, Copley, Prudential, Park Plaza, Braintree, Burlington, Natick and Chestnut Hill. Always felt that the first four were hit and miss, whereas Natick and Chestnut Hill were always excellent. By the end, I only was going to those two locations. I tried the ones at Logan and Copley this time around. The Copley one was again disappointing. Couldn't tell if the prawn was not fresh or overbaked or both.
I like to believe that they still can be trusted to offer fresh fish and seafood, but I don't know for sure. When, in another recent thread, I indicated that I would not be surprised if they use previously frozen lobster for their lobster rolls, several people got very upset and defensive, essentially charging me with heresy for suggesting such a thing. But irrespective of that, the product coming out of the kitchen is not as consistently good as it used to be, and oftentimes can be affirmatively bad. I've given up on all locations at this point other than the airport. There are just too many good alternatives.

[Sorry it wasn't a FlyerTalk thread, it was chowhound. Have a look here. It's pretty funny.]
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

I know this is about whether you can get to the lounges, but if you're traveling Delta out of A, I would strongly suggest skipping that and going to Legal Test Kitchen in the main part of A terminal right behind security. Legal Seafoods at BOS is pretty representative of their city restaurants, and IMHO, the one in A is the best of the bunch at the airport. I'm at BOS fairly frequently and outside of stopping at The Club recently in E to see how it was shaping up, can't tell you the last time I visited a lounge. Only telling you this so that you don't feel like you're missing out if you decide to skip it
When we got off our flight Legal was right there, looked good checked the menu out, will stop there for a while, since our flight between BOS-DTW won't have a meal.

I agree that Legal is almost certainly the best option at Logan, and were I looking to eat at Logan that's where I'd go.

When you make it to Boston proper, consider doing more research before opting to eat there. Unfortunately, it's just not what it once was and Boston now has much better options.

Just an FYI and I know this about the airport, we had dinner at Legal Harborside, BIG mistake, mediocre food at best. Other have mentioned the Legal Test Kitchen is a place to go.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:24 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Legal Harborside ground floor has always been good when we've gone.
Legal Harborside upstairs is sublime. One of the best restaurants in Boston.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Legal Harborside ground floor has always been good when we've gone.
Legal Harborside upstairs is sublime. One of the best restaurants in Boston.
Yup, I don't have a problem with Legal Harborside. Haven't been in a year, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.