Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

What would you tell a tourist to do if they have 4-5 days in Boston?

Old Jun 16, 2012, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

What would you tell a tourist to do if they have 4-5 days in Boston? Main priority is to sightsee and eat.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:03 am

It would depend on the ages and interests, where the people were from, and when they were visiting.

In general, the Freedom Trail is a must for most people. The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum is my favorite museum in Boston, but it wouldn't interest most children. The Museum of Science, and the Museum of Fine Arts are also great, and the latter IS well liked by children. A whale watch may be a must, depending on the time of year.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Continental, United, Southwest, BA, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors, Hyatt
Originally Posted by lsquare
What would you tell a tourist to do if they have 4-5 days in Boston? Main priority is to sightsee and eat.
I would tell them to go back and review this thread and the one above it.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-e...-must-dos.html. This topic has been addressed pretty frequently.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 2:38 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Agreed with mareh's recommendations for sightseeing.

For eating, there are two "must dos" that I think every tourist should do: 1) GOOD seafood (and Legal Sea Foods doesn't count), and 2) at least one meal in the North End. Those two things should hopefully be unforgettable experiences.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cacic
I would tell them to go back and review this thread and the one above it.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-e...-must-dos.html. This topic has been addressed pretty frequently.
^ Yup, that is the advice to give.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.