Wiki Posts
Search

Best Airline Out of MHT

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Best Airline Out of MHT

Hi everyone. New to the FF game. Whats the best airline out of MHT? UA? Moving there soon and will be flying weekly.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:17 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Welcome to Flyer Talk!

Here's a listing of airlines that serves MHT

If you go here, you'll see the next 9 hours of arrivals -- that should give you a good idea of quantity of flights and destinations available.

I'd say that unless you don't mind indirect flights, you should probably travel out of Boston instead.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:19 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk.

It really depends on where you are going, except for a handful of places it's probably much easier to go to Boston as already mentioned. You could certainly get to most anyplace from Manchester through one of those airline's hubs, but you won't have as many choices, and pricing may be an issue.

Depending on where you are going, it can also cost significantly more to fly out of MHT.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I fly into this region a lot. Because of Southwest there used to be a significant price advantage at MHT versus BOS and PWM. Nowadays, with AirTran at PWM and JetBlue and Southwest at BOS, there's really no cost advantage to using MHT. But if things are equal, you do access and exit the airport a lot faster than at Logan.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Southwest is the big gorilla up at MHT - 57% seats into the market are on them.

The only other mainline service now into MHT is a daily MD-88 from Atlanta on Delta; everything else is on RJs. UA and US run some two-cabin RJs (1 a day to IAD, 2 a day to ORD on UA; a decent mix to PHL/CLT/DCA on US).

It's a shame from about a decade ago, when United was running 757s to ORD, Delta had multiple MD-88s to ATL/CVG, US had A321s to PHL/PIT/CLT and 737s to DCA, Northwest had 4-5 mainlines to DTW and Continental had a 737 or two each day to EWR and occasionally CLE.

Just taking a look at the schedule pull for April 2012 vs April 2004, flights are down 45% and seats are down 52% - some major cutbacks in this time span.
Old May 17, 2012, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Welcome to Flyer Talk!

Here's a listing of airlines that serves MHT

If you go here, you'll see the next 9 hours of arrivals -- that should give you a good idea of quantity of flights and destinations available.

I'd say that unless you don't mind indirect flights, you should probably travel out of Boston instead.
Right, because MHT is too extremely expensive due to competition against WN. They cutbacks some flight. There is no new route to MSP, IAH, HOU, DFW, JFK, MCI, STL, JAX, BNA, PIT, CVG, SLC, LAX, SFO, SEA and etc. They haven't expanding more specific new route for a long time. They have beef up.
Old May 18, 2012, 12:17 am

I will be flying into MHT in a few months on Southwest. No nonstops from PHX, but none to BOS on Southwest either.. and if there has to be a stopover, it's nice to have a stopover in BWI, for a meal at DuClaw. MHT also puts us closer to our final destination, a scenic drive next door to Vermont.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.