Wiki Posts
Search

Things to do and places to stay in Falmouth

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Things to do and places to stay in Falmouth

Going down to Falmouth from Boston later this year and was wondering if anyone had an recommendations of places to stay.
Had a look at Tripadvisor and nothing majorly stands out as just about everything is positive and I really don't know the area.

Likely to be hiring a car and driving down from BOS and staying Friday, Sat, Sun with some exploring as and when (or depending on what the weather turns out to be like in October).

Any particular places that do decent seafood locally (or within reasonable driving distance)?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:34 am

I don't know much about Falmouth, but it if you get a rainy day or just want a break from the beach, I recommend visiting the Edward Gorey House in Yarmouth Port.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:32 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Some great Bed and Breakfasts there, do you prefer that (and if so, what's your price range) or a traditional hotel/inn. Do you need a pool? Onsite dining? etc.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
A pool isn't really needed, especially if outdoors as I'm sure the end of October won't be that warm. Think last year it ranged from freezing to a near hurricane.

Dining wise, I'll be by myself (as far as I know) so I can go anywhere at will - would like to try little places I've seen on TV assuming they open all year round. Not into fancy dining - some sort of local seafood ould be good, as would a nice burger or hotdog!

Budget wise, from what I've seen, it's far cheaper than in Boston!
Not sure whether to just stay at the Holiday Inn or go for something more "local". All seem to be around $120+ a night give or take bit.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
Saw this: Might fall into the burger/cheap category.

http://www.liammaguire.com/
http://www.boston.com/travel/explore...rish_pubs?pg=9

Are you into sea exploration ? The NOAA Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is in Falmouth. http://www.whoi.edu/ - Just a suggestion in case it rains or something.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.