Wiki Posts
Search

johnnycakes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2011, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, American
johnnycakes

A few years back, an episdoe of "The Sopranos" contained a scene concerning johnnycakes. One of Tony's guys was hiding out in New Hampshire and discovered this type of pancake that was apparently incredible. A friend told me that they really do exist.

Since that episode, I've been intrigued by johnnycakes and I'm wondering if they really are all that good? If so, can you suggest a good spot for them in Maine, Vermont or New Hampshire?

Thanks,

John
Chicago
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Just my personal opinion, as jonnycakes are found up and down the east coast, but go to Rhode Island and try them here:

http://www.kenyonsgristmill.com/home.html
Old Sep 21, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, SPG Plat, HH Gold
You can even buy the mix and make them yourself - it's very easy! But now I see there is a Johnny Cake festival coming up in October. I might have to check it out!
Old Sep 25, 2011, 4:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Poor Vito. He should have stayed in NH indefinitely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.