Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for flight deals to Nantucket

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Looking for flight deals to Nantucket

I will be traveling to Nantucket this summer and wanted to see if there are any flight deals out there.
Old May 2, 2011, 7:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Afraid you'll have to give some more info. From where, for example?
Old May 3, 2011, 12:19 pm

Many people go down the islands with recreational equipment like a bike or surfboard. If you plan on doing so, you may want to skip flying and take the ferry instead. There are fast ferries and regular ferries, the latter of which is the car ferry.

We would definitely need more info to be able to help you out with this...
Old May 3, 2011, 1:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Deals to ACK in the summer? Good luck.
Old May 3, 2011, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
If you can get to Hyannis, the slow ferry to Nantucket is $35 RT, high speed $67 RT. A ticket on Cape Air is going to run you $300 to $400+ depending on whether you can fly midweek or have to go on a Saturday (for change over day).

http://www.steamshipauthority.com/ss...lay.cfm?Run=NT

Cheers.
Old May 17, 2011, 8:15 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
From an airfare watchdog alert this morning $138 RT (seeing some dates in July that they are valid on the JetBlue website)

$138 RT flight from New York City to Nantucket (JFK-ACK)

Airline(s):JetBlue
Seats are:Scarce
Advance Purchase:14 Days
Available for travel:Tue/Wed
More Details:Nonstop Flights, No Min. Stay, One-way For Half The Roundtrip Fare
Last Updated:Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Our Notes:Best Availability For Travel Late June And July.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Diamond, peasant elsewhere
Yeah, its ludicrously expensive getting to ACK, not to mention that everything on-island is 25-50% more than you'd expect to pay in the "real world" A lot of finance types are flying in on Friday afternoons and leaving on Sunday afternoon or Monday morning, so when I head up there to see my family, I don't even bother looking at those days for flights. Midweek, expect 300+ RT for flights from NYC, although as mentioned, B6 sometimes has specials.

One option is flying into BOS and taking the Plymouth and Brockton bus it leaves from Logan and South Station and is about $20 OW. A similar option is available from PVD too, I think.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
ACK fares

I think fares have changed in the past few years, reflecting less capacity and steady/increased demand. A few things:

1) The friday-sunday flights do seem like a mess, particularly this year.

2) I've had good luck with Wed-Monday or Thursday in, Monday/Tuesday out.

3) The BOS option isn't so bad, actually. Ferry-> Bus -> Logan flight is multi-leg, but there is a free shuttle from the Ferry > Bus.

My suggestion:

Try to find a cheap flight onto the island (or off, if possible), then take the boat-bus. If you want to shave time off the ferry, take Cape Air to Hyannis, which isn't really all that expensive ($59) if you book ahead of time.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by captain_starwood
I think fares have changed in the past few years, reflecting less capacity and steady/increased demand. A few things:

1) The friday-sunday flights do seem like a mess, particularly this year.

2) I've had good luck with Wed-Monday or Thursday in, Monday/Tuesday out.

3) The BOS option isn't so bad, actually. Ferry-> Bus -> Logan flight is multi-leg, but there is a free shuttle from the Ferry > Bus.

My suggestion:

Try to find a cheap flight onto the island (or off, if possible), then take the boat-bus. If you want to shave time off the ferry, take Cape Air to Hyannis, which isn't really all that expensive ($59) if you book ahead of time.
There are also Nantucket Airlines and Island Airlines that fly to the Cape, you're not stuck with using Cape Air (although the former is owned by the same group).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.