FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   New England (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-england-452/)
-   -   Hotels near Fenway (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-england/1169419-hotels-near-fenway.html)

Spex Jan 7, 2011 10:29 am

Hotels near Fenway

Hi there,

Would any of you be able to suggest a hotel, or area/zone, that would put us close enough to Fenway yet in an area that has stuff to do while not at the game? Looking for mid-May in case that has any bearing

Thanks and if you require anything else, please let me know

Edited to add...we're splitting it 3 ways, so I guess anything up to $300/night

jt23 Jan 7, 2011 11:29 am

Hello, most places downtown should be easy to get around if you use the subway. However, Copley Square and hotels near the Prudential Center are within walking distance to Fenway and near several city attractions.

magiciansampras Jan 7, 2011 11:31 am

What is your budget like?

Fenway is very close to Back Bay. There are any number of hotels that are within easy walking distance of the park. If you add the T into the mix, you could stay almost anywhere in the city. Fenway is very easy to go to.

Hotel Commonwealth is probably the nicest option right *at* Fenway.

Spex Jan 7, 2011 11:46 am

Sorry about that, we're splitting it 3 ways, so I guess anything up to $300/night (I updated the original post too, thanks for the reminder)

We pretty much just need a safe place to store our bags and sleep, so not really looking to spend right up to the max of our budget

magiciansampras Jan 7, 2011 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Spex (Post 15605461)
Sorry about that, we're splitting it 3 ways, so I guess anything up to $300/night (I updated the original post too, thanks for the reminder)

We pretty much just need a safe place to store our bags and sleep, so not really looking to spend right up to the max of our budget

Should be plenty of options available to you. Off the beaten path a little is a nice Courtyard Marriott in Coolidge Corner. It's right on the T or an easy walk up Beacon Street to Fenway. And it's normally cheaper than staying in Back Bay. Safe, too.

Spex Jan 7, 2011 12:32 pm

Thanks, cool little place

Blumie Jan 7, 2011 8:12 pm

My favorite place that is both walkable to Fenway and to places you'd want to go when not at the game is the Eliot Hotel.

Spex Jan 10, 2011 1:53 pm

Thanks for all your help guys. Won't be booking anything for a while, but it's great how helpful everyone is.

davedeboston Jan 10, 2011 3:58 pm

There's a Howard Johnson literally the behind the ballpark on Boylston St. Pretty cheap for the area and a nice hotel too. Even has a decent Chinese restaurant in it that we order out from for lunch sometimes lol. Have a good time in town.

patriots68 Jan 16, 2011 4:25 am

Originally Posted by jt23 (Post 15605311)
Hello, most places downtown should be easy to get around if you use the subway. However, Copley Square and hotels near the Prudential Center are within walking distance to Fenway and near several city attractions.

+1 I'm a fan of the Hilton at the Airport something about the view of everything although it can be expensive if its after the t stops to get back to the hotel

Blumie Jan 16, 2011 9:33 am

Originally Posted by patriots68 (Post 15667965)
+1 I'm a fan of the Hilton at the Airport something about the view of everything although it can be expensive if its after the t stops to get back to the hotel

I would never, ever recommend the airport Hilton (or any other airport hotel) unless someone wanted to be at the airport. Boston's a small enough city that it's not all that inconvenient, but who wants to stay at the airport?

BearX220 Jan 16, 2011 10:51 am

Originally Posted by patriots68 (Post 15667965)
I'm a fan of the Hilton at the Airport..

You couldn't possibly come up with a Boston hotel that is LESS "near Fenway."

steve-o Jan 20, 2011 7:00 pm

Hotels near Fenway

Do NOT stay at the airport-makes getting to Fenway a pain.

That said anyplace you choose in the Fenway or Back Bay (e.g. Sheraton, the MO, Hilton Back Bay, the Eliot) area will be with in easy walking distance (at most 15 minutes) to Fenway Park, and you'll see 1,000s of others walking to Fenway and back after the game. Additionally there is a nice Holiday Inn in Brookline on Beacon Street (15 minute walk) where a lot of Fenway Park visitors stay, and about two blocks further west on Beacon Street is a Courtyard Marriott (20 minute walk). Of course a hotel in the Back Bay area offers the most to do before and after the game. Check out a map and you'll see the proximity of the Fenway area and the Back bay area to Fenway Park.

Much, much to do in the Boston area in the day time. All usually within walking distance or a short trolley or subway ride away.

Of course if you're a Yankees fan, please ignore my advise (stay home).

Spex Jan 21, 2011 11:38 am

Thanks for the tips Steve-o

And no worries about being a Yankees fan...I'm more of a general baseball fan.

Spex May 12, 2011 9:21 am

Ok, so we Pricelines a hotel and got Hampton Inn And Suites At Boston Crosstown Center (811 Massachusetts Ave). Not ideal, but oh well.

I've read some reviews and they don't look too promising, but it's cheap. And since we're only in Boston for less than 24 hours, we weren't picky

Looks like it's about a 40 minute walk to Fenway. Does anyone know if that's accurate? If so, is it worth it? Are there bars/restaurants/shopping along the way to make the walk more enjoyable?

Also, since I'm not too familiar with the hot spots in Boston, how long would a walk be to downtown or any other area worth visiting? How long/how much would a cab be to those same places?

We should get to Boston at about noon on Tuesday and other that the baseball game (which, by the looks of it might get rained out) we have no plans. Does anyone have suggestions on where to go for a few meals and maybe a nice bar/pub for after the game?

Thanks…I can't wait to visit your city